How Trina Got In

January,

"You guys know there's this germ called fecercillium that you can get from a spider crawling into your mouth when you're sleeping, then your uvula swells up really big so you can't breathe, and they have to cut a hole right here," Jade touches her throat, "to drain the pus from your throat."

Andre glances from her to his pudding cup, putting it down. "I'll just eat this pudding cup later."

"Suddenly, I'm not so hungry anymore.." I mumbled, pushing my food container away.

"So, does anyone want some candy?" Cat asked and I nodded.

"Sure." "Yeah." "Yeah."

She goes into her bra, "Gumdrop for you.." She says, handing Jade the candy. "Gumdrop for you..." She says again, after going into her bra again. "Gumdrop for you and gumdrop for you." She grinned, giving Beck and I, our gumdrops.

"Thanks kitty Cat." I smiled at her, putting the gumdrop in my mouth. I carry money in my bra.. Cat carries candy. 

"Skiddily dat! Skiddily dot! Skiddily da! Skiddily dot, Skiddily dat!" Trina's loud, annoying voice rang, as she danced past tables, including ours, in her own little world. She stopped right behind Cat and Andre, raising her arms. "Da pa de pa loo la lee la mip mop boop! Wooh!" 

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. This could've all been avoided if I just... let Helen.. y'know, BOOT HER. Why did I have to fight so hard for her to stay?? Oh, that's right! Because I'm a caring person and I unfortunately love that freakshow!

"Woww," Beck uttered, as we watched her leave. "She is just awful." He shook his head in disbelief, looking at me. 

"Awful isn't even the word.." I muttered, tiredly, rubbing my forehead.

"The worst thing I've ever heard." Jade remarked, shrugging.

"That's right." Andre agreed.

"Hey, I have a question." Cat said, looking at me mostly.

"What?" We murmured.

"Every kid has to audition to get into Hollywood Arts, right?" She asked.

"Mm-hmm." "Yup."

"And Trina has no talent, right?" 

"None whatsoever." "No." "None."

"Cat.." I said softly, "But no." I shook my head. 

"Then how did she pass her audition and get to go to school here?" Cat asked.

"You haven't heard the story?" Jade asked. The story?

Cat looked at her, "No, but I love stories!" She smiled. 

"I'll tell it. Okay... It was about five years ago... and back then, Trina did have talent." Andre said, making me do a double take. Trina.. never— She's always had an interest in singing, acting, dancing but.. the girl never knew how to hold a note. But with her almost getting kicked out of Hollywood Arts, it did have me thinking... how did she get into Hollywood Arts!? "Oh yes. She could sing like an angel... There she was on that stage... Singin' like an angel..."

Standing in front of the 5 Hollywood Arts middle school auditions board was Trina Vega, singing quite beautifully. Her opera act had emersed the judges to the point where they hadn't taken their eyes off her the whole time she'd been singing. 

When she finished the song, Principal Eikner was the first to applaud and rise to his feet. "Miraculous!" He said, flabbergasted.

"Brava! Brava!" The middle school's vice principal cheered on, grinning widely.