Locked Up: Part 1

November 18th, Thursday

"I swear he said that!" I laughed, walking with Andre to Festus' food truck. 

Laughing, he asked, "Uh, hey, whatcha want for lunch?" 

"Umm, I don't know. I Hey Festus?" I said, waiting for him to come to the window. 

"Hello, buddy! Welcome to lunch." He grinned, sticking his head out the window.

"What you got today?" Andre asked him.

"Let's see uh I have the spaghetti..." 

"Oh..!--" I murmured; I had been craving some spaghetti lately.

"The ravioli--"

I gasped, unintentionally interrupting him again. "Ravioli sounds so good right now!"

"You let me finish!" He yelled, startling both Andre and I.

I widen my eyes, shaking my head. "Okay. Sorry. Continue." I apologized, wincing.

"That's all we got, the spaghetti and the ravioli." He casually said, making me nod. 

"Okay, I'll have the ravioli please." I shrugged.

"Me too." Andre said, getting money out for lunch.

"I will get your foods." Festus nodded, before turning around.

"Hi! What's for lunch?" Cat asked, walking up behind us with Tori.

"Oh. He's got the spaghetti, the ravioli? That's all he got." I said, speaking in an 'Italian' accent, quoting Festus. 

"Ravioli?" Cat asked. I guess Festus can make that 3 Ravioli's then.

"You let her finish!" Andre exclaimed, pointing at her accusingly. Cat let out a gasp, looking over her shoulder as Tori and I laughed and looked at Andre.

"The Ravioli sounds pretty good," Tori nodded. "Hey Festus! Can you make that 4 ravioli's?" She asked as he looked at her over his shoulder.

"Yeah buddy!"

"Cool." Tori smiled.

"Oh, heyy," Jade greeted snarky, as she approached. "I just wanted to remind you guys that I'm going away to Cancun with my family for semester break, and you guys have nothing fun to do." She sneered before walking away.

"You don't even like your family!" I yelled as she strutted away.

"Cancun!!" She sung, flipping me off.

"So, you got nothing to do for semester break?" Festus asked, resting his chin on the serving counter. 

Tori and I shook our heads, "No." Semester break was looking very bland as of right now..

"Come to the back of my truck." He said, his eyes fixated on Tori and I. He pointed to the back, before walking away from the window.

"He wants you two to go behind his truck." Cat pointed out the obvious as I looked at my friends confused.

"We know." Tori said quietly, looking at Andre as she backed up. She grabbed my arm, pulling me along. 

"Hey.." I mumbled, as Tori and I got to the back of his truck. My dad is a police officer for God sakes, and yet I was still going to the back of a man's food truck! And letting people from a reality tv show in my room! You'd think I'd learn my lesson or know better! 

"You got a nice truck." Tori awkwardly complimented, after looking in Festus truck. 

"Don't lie to me."