Brain Squeezers

April 14th, Thursday

"Mmm..." Jade murmured, looking at her fries she and Andre had been sharing as I laughed at what Robbie had said. We looked at her, as she looked up, holding a fry. "Awesome French fries today." She said, making Andre eat one of the fries.

"Can I have a fry?" Tori asked as she rubbed her nose with a tissue, her nose stopped up.

Jade looked at her, sticking her tongue out before blowing spit all over her fries. "Pbthpbthpbthpbthpbth."

"Does anyone else have fries?" Tori asked, as I rolled my eyes at Jade. Cat came up to the table, taking her backpack off as she sat down in between Robbie and I, and held her phone to her ear.

"Hey Cat, who are you talking to—" Robbie asked, as she glanced at him.

"Shhh!" She shushed him, grabbing and pinching his moving lips. "I've been on hold for an hour." Cat said, after releasing Robbie's lips.

"Who are you on hold with?" I asked, grabbing my drink.

She blinked, "I don't remember." She answered as my phone buzzed on my lap.

"Then why don't you hang up?" Andre asked.

"Because I love the hold music." Cat grinned, "It's all my favorite songs. I don't know who I'm holding for, but he or she is awesome." She smiled to herself, as my mouth dropped.

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed, looking at the email on my phone. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" I yelled, bumping my leg up and down as I looked up at my friends.

"What's going on?" Andre asked, as I smiled excitedly.

"Well..." I glanced at my phone, "I just got an email saying I have been picked to be on Brain Squeezers!" I exclaimed, as they looked at me with slight confused, and no amusement. "Brain Squeezers!" I said again, looking around the table when they hadn't said anything, and continued to stare at me. My shoulders slumped, "The new game show!?" I looked at Tori, as she shook her head, before sneezing. I grimaced, scooting slightly away from her as I felt some moisture on my arm.

"Bless you." Andre told her, grimacing too.

"...I haven't heard of it." Robbie spoke up.

"No idea what that is." Jade mumbled, shaking her head.

"I'm on hold." Cat said, making me glance at her.

I sighed, before piping back up. "Well, it's not on TV yet, but people are saying it's gonna be like the next big thing." I nodded, putting my phone down onto the table. "It is all the buzz..." I smirked, shaking my head.

"I've heard no buzz." Andre nodded, as I looked at him.

"Seriously?" I asked. Why was I the only person who had heard of this mysterious show?

"No human being has ever heard of Brain Squeezers." Jade said, as Sinjin hunched between Tori and I.

"You guys talking about Brain Squeezers?" He asked, as I looked at him with a small smile.

"I said human being." Jade remarked, popping a fry into her mouth as I glanced at Sinjin, apologetically.

"Ooh, I love this song, too!" Cat exclaimed, before looking at me. "I wonder if the person I'm holding for is my one true love." She smiled, holding her hand to her heart.

"You know what they say about your one true lo—" Robbie began to say.

"Shut up!" Cat cut him off, grabbing his arm.

"So.." Andre looked at Sinjin and I, "What is Brain Squeezers, anyway?" He asked.

"It's a new game show for kids and teens. Your asked questions and if you get them right, you can win tons of money. It's supposed to be a lot of fun." I explained, as I picked up my phone, going to the website.