CHAPTER 5

WRITER POV

For the next couple of weeks, Derek still came into the bar as usual, but he wasn't that drunk anymore. He was also talking to Meredith more whenever there wasn't much people around, even Izzie and Christina were gradually warming up to him, though they still think he'll flip back to McGrumpy in one second.

Meredith came to the back of the bar, still giggling over something Derek said. She stopped when she saw her two friends looking at her like she was an alien.

"What?" She demanded.

"Nothing." They chorused.

"Seriously!"

"You look weird." Christina said.

"It's called laughing...being happy! You should try it sometimes." Meredith explained.

"It looks weird on you." Christina still said.

"It doesn't really fit you." Izzie concluded as well.

"Whatever. Derek needs another scotch anyways."

"Derek?"

"Yeah...you know, the dark hair, blue eyes one that sits on the left everyday...drinks scotch?"

"You mean McGrumpy?"

"Don't call him that! He's not that grumpy!" Meredith defended for him.

"What are you taking? And can I have some?" Christina said.

"I'm not high!"

"Are you in love?" Izzie asked, curious too.

"We're friends! Only!" Meredith yelled.

"Mer, you can't be friends with guys! You do them!" Christina yelled after her, as she slammed the door shot.

"What was that about?" Derek asked, smirking, since he heard most of the conversation.

"Nothing...just my friends."

"Oh...so you're not in love with me?" Derek asked, with a confused and sad look.

"No...and I will never be in love with you." Meredith said.

"You know...I can buy you a drink, and we can start something."

"Did you drink too much already?"

"They say that I'm a wonderful lover, you sure you don't wanna give it a try?" Derek breathed seductively, leaning across the counter.

"Why don't I just leave you here, so that you can drown yourself with your own love." Meredith hissed as she picked up a wet towel, ready to slap him with.

"I make great breakfast, in case you're wondering!" Derek said with a raised eyebrow.

"Just drink your scotch and shut up!"

"Fine...you can't blame a guy for trying though...but if you ever do change your mind, I'll be sitting right here!"

Their flirty banter continued until Derek left the bar about 10 pm. It was a Saturday night, so it was fairly busy for them. No one notice the phone ringing until the gazillionth time. Meredith quickly grabbed it and yelled into the speaker.

"Yeah?" She answered, while she tried to clean the glasses.

"May I please speak to Meredith?" Said a calm female voice.

"That's me!"

"Do you know a Mr. Derek Shepherd?"

"Yeah."

"Would you please come to the hospital immediately. It's an emergency."

"What?"