CHAPTER 49

A couple of hours later, I whipped up some cookies and took it to the studio, where Derek and Mark were arguing over a song. When Derek saw me, his eyes light up and looked like he was ready to pounce on me.

"Meredith!" He called out excitedly like he was calling mayday.

"Don't panic! I'm just bringing some snack." I said, setting down the cookie plate on the coffee table.

"Mere...Mark's trying to kill me." Derek said, pouting in the corner.

"Derek, I don't think Mere gives a damn." Mark said with an evil grin.

No sex for you, Derek hissed at me as I walked by, his eyes fierce.

"That's just too bad...I just got some new lingerie." I whispered back

"What?" He exclaimed. "That's not fair!"

"Derek! Back to work!" Mark ordered, drumming his pen on the table.

"Mere...can you please get that crackwhore drunk?" Derek said, pointing at Mark.

"Sorry man, but I don't get drunk." Mark said with a cocky grin.

"Cuz you're an asshole?" Derek shot back.

"Cuz I'm your manager! Now work!"

"I'm gonna sue you for this! You can't force me to work..." Derek mumbled under his breath as he sat down by the piano again.

"You can't...big softie loves me too much...and I can just take Meredith away and you'll be crying uncle in no time!"

"Mark's afraid to sleep by himself!" Derek suddenly blurt out with an amused grin as if he won the argument. "His girlfriend, Nicole, dumped him. He was so sad, he had to sleep with me that night, cuz he's so.....lonely!" He said, putting his hand across his chest in pain.

"You wanna play dirty? I'll play dirty! Derek wanted to show off to some girl and tried to ride a motorcycle in front of everyone. He ended up face down on the ground before he can even start the damn thing!" Mark blurted out, pointing at Derek with a triumphant smirk.

"You're supposed to take that to the grave!" Derek shouted, feeling hurt.

"You're not suppose to say the N word either!"

"Boys!" I yelled, covering my ears with my hands. They look at me as if they forgot I was even there.

"Do you guys need a time out or something?" I asked, seriously believing that I was in some kindergarten class when I'm with the two of them.

"We're not kids!" They whined at me.

"I seriously doubt that."