CHAPTER20

Meredith's POV.

Later that day, Derek came into the living room where I was reading.

"Did you plan anything special today?" He asked eagerly. What is he up to?

"No. Why?"

"Come on, we're going out." He said, reaching for my hand.

"Where?" I asked, as I grabbed my coat before he pulled me out of the door.

"You'll see." He said with a smirk.

We got into the taxi after he gave the driver an address I couldn't recognize.

"Where are we going?" I tried again.

"You'll know soon enough." He said, trying to fend me off.

"Come on, telling me!" I said, snuggling closer to him.

"Nope." He said firmly, shaking his head.

"Is it a store?" I will find out, trust me!

"I'm not saying."

"So it is a store! What does it sell?" This is interesting!

"It's a secret."

"You're not gonna sell me or do something freaky are you?" I guessed, even though I know it was a stretch, but who knows? Derek might be a creep after all.

"No, it's not something crazy. And I will never ever sell you. I'm keeping you to myself...forever." He whispered as he kissed my hair.

"Possesive." I pouted, poking his chest.

"Bossy." He poked my nose in return.

"Caveman!" I said with a smirk.

"Kitty!" He returned, giving me another kiss.

"Shut up!" I said, hitting his arm, because I can't think of anything else to say.

"You shut up!" He retorted and stuck his tongue out.

"You...are such a child!" I said, shifting away from him.

"No, I'm not...you love it anyway." He said, pulling me back to him again.

"No, I don't."

"Your stop is here." The driver announced, clearly he was glad to get rid of his two slightly mental customers. Derek quickly paid him and helped me out.

"Where the hell...why are we going to the Ferrari shop?" I asked, though I had a pretty good idea what he was up to. You sneaky bastard!

"Well, I need a new car, and I thought we should go together so that we can pick out something we both like." He said matter-of-factly as he looped his arm around me.

"Does your broken arm not mean anything?" I asked, tugging on his good arm as we entered the store.

"It means that I get to have a very sexy and cute nurse to be my girlfriend." He said as he kissed my lips.

"Good afternoon, I'm Robert, how may I help you two today?" A salesclerk asked, dressed in a suit.

"We're looking for a new car." Derek said, before I can say anything.

"Well, we have all the new models here, would you like some time to take a look?"

"Sure." And Derek led me off.

"This is rediculous! Are you trying to break your other arm? Because you don't need another car to break it, I can break it right now!" I threatened him.