CHAPTER 7

Meredith's POV.

7 torturous hours of waiting later, a doctor finally came into the waiting room.

"Ms. Grey?"

"Yes! Is he okay?" I said, waking up from my sleep.

"He's okay. The surgery was a success. We should know more when he wakes up."

"When...when will he wake up?" I need to see him! You have to let me see him!

"He should be able to come out of the anesthesia in half an hour." He said with an assuring smile.

I quickly made my way back to the room. To my surprise, someone already beat me to it. He was sitting in a chair close to Derek. The guy had a pretty somber face on him, and he wasn't saying anything. Still, I couldn't help but notice how stylishly he dressed, and how well he kept his body....Stop! You're here for Derek! He's off limit! You don't even know this man!

After settling my little debate, I gently knocked on the door. "Excuse me, who are you?"

He looked up and smiled genuinely, "Hi, I'm Mark Sloan. I'm his manager."

"Oh, I see...well I should go." I said, slowly backing away. He has his manager, he's okay now. I should go.

"No, no stay. It's okay. He'll want you here. Besides, I don't bite, not too hard." He said with a crooked grin.

"Wait, do I know you?" Why is he smiling at me like that?

"You don't remember me? I'm hurt! Last time I left you, you were pretty heartbroken." He said as if he was the master of everything. Ass!

"Who are you?" I demanded. And quit smiling like that!

"I'm the prince charming that's gonna sweep you off your feet." He said with a smoldering look.

"Oh...you! You ass! How come you remember me?" I asked.

"Well...a beautiful angel like you is quite unforgettable." He said, still maintaing that steamy look. Damn him!

"So that friend that you were waiting for was actually Derek?"

"Except he was too drunk already." He said.

Suddenly, Derek's arm began to shift. I quickly went over to his bedside. "Derek! Derek!"

He let out a low moan and fluttered his eyes open. He saw me and smiled.

"You're awake." I whispered, feeling like I was about to cry.

"You came." He whispered back, as if he was afraid to break the silence around us.

"Yeah, I did. Are you okay?" I asked. Why is he still smiling?

"I'm okay..now that you're here." He said with a smile that wasn't so innocently anymore.

"Oh!...you ass! You got into a car accident and you're still an ass!" Thanks for snapping me out of my dream by the way!

Just then, Mark began to cough. "Well thanks for finally noticing that I'm here." He said sarcastically.

"You're here too?" Derek said, with an obvious disappointed tone.

"Of course I'm here! I'm your freaking manager!"

"Wait, I'm not done here Mark!" I said, poking his arm.

"Why are you still here?' He asked, annoyingly.

"Because Derek put my name down on his emergency contact!"

"Why is she your emergency contact not me?" Mark asked.

"Exactly! And you shoud know that you pull me out on a Saturday night!"

"Do you have a date on Saturday night?" Derek asked, almost accusingly.

"No, but I get all my tips on the Saturday night! Because it's full house! Now I've got nada!" I yelled in his face.

"Sorry." He said with a sheepish smile.

"You still haven't answer my question!" Mark growled from his seat.

"What question?" Derek said, completely confused.

"Emergency contact?"

"Because she's my friend!" Derek explained.

"I'm your bartender!" I retorted.

"Mine too!" Mark chimed in.

"You don't even come to the bar!"

"I do too!" He pouted like a six year old.

"And she's pretty." Derek said quietly, as if that was even a reason.

"That's not a reason! Don't you have other friends that you can annoy?" I asked. I really need to get back to work!

"But I like you." he whined as if I was scolding him. What the hell is wrong with him?

"And when are you going to go back to work?" Mark asked, really frustrated.

"After I get well!"

"That will be three month later! Then we have to do freaking Christmas carols!" Mark yelled, exasperated.

"Actually, if Mr. Shepherd is been well taken care of, his recovery time will be only a couple of weeks." A doctor said from the doorway.

"And what do you mean by 'well taken care of'?" Mark asked with air quotes.

"Means if there's someone to help him 24/7."

"Like a nurse?"

"Yes."

Derek immediately turned towards me and gave me his award-winning smile. "Oh Meredith..."