CHAPTER 31

Derek's POV.

I woke up around 11 am, and I didn't find Mere in bed so I walked downstairs to see if she's there. And there she was, curled up asleep on the couch. She looked so peaceful and cute when she sleeps. But she also looked tired today, and I could smell a faint smell of alcohol. I wanted to kiss every inch of her face, but I didn't want to risk waking her. So I picked her up and brought her back into our bedroom. I lay her down onto the bed and proceeded to remove her clothes. The sight of her naked beautiful body was able to make me harden, but I wanted her to rest and I didn't want to do something so low to her so I put her tank top and panties on her and tucked her in.

I shut the door of my studio and began to work, or Mark was going to slit my throat, and I like my head where it is, thank you very much. I felt bad for Meredith, it was only her first night back to work, and she looked worne out already.

I sat down in front of my piano and resumed work, trying not to disturb her, though I know that the entire room was sound proof.

A few hours later, I had my earphones on as I edited the music on my computer when I felt something soft lean against my back. I turned around and caught Meredith's small body in my arms. She looked up at me with sleepy eyes and her signature bedhead that I had grown to adore.

I put down my headphone and leaned against the desk as I held her. "Hey..." She said softly as she wrapped her tiny arms around my waist.

"Good morning, sleepy head." I said, as I ran my hand through her hair.

"I'm sorry...you're working." She said, trying to back out but I only held her tighter.

"It's okay...I miss you." I said as I kissed her head. No matter when, her hair always give out an intoxicating scent, even after she slept.

She sighed into my chest and held me tighter. I felt her tense up as if she wanted to say something but she let it go, so I decided not to push. I'll let her talk when she wants to talk.

"I've gotta go get ready." She said finally, moving out of my arms. I immediately felt alone, as if I was losing something.

"Already?" I asked, I couldn't hide my disappointment.

"Yeah...we still had some clean up work to do." She said with a sad smile.

"But you haven't even kiss me yet since you woke up." I said, defeated, as I sat down in my chair.

"I'm sorry..." She said as she crawled onto my lap. She pushed me against the back of the chair as she grabbed my face and feathered kiss my face. I pulled at her hair a little and kissed her lips hard. I thrusted my tongue in between her lips and she accept my entry willingly and fought with my tongue with her's. She let me taste every part of her mouth, feeling my mouth with her sweet taste. She grinded a little against my hips and my hands immediately flew to her ass, squeezing it a little. She moaned into my mouth as I grazed one hand against the skin left exposed from her tank top. I was about to throw her down onto the desk to make love to her when she stopped suddenly and glanced at the clock on my computer.

"Shit! I gotta go!" She said, quickly distangling herself.

"Mere..." I breathed, sexually frustrated. Note to self: Destroy all the clocks

"Sorry baby...Christina and I just want me to get into the full swing of things as quickly as possible...it wouldn't be like this all the time, it's only for a couple of weeks." She explained hurriedly.

"A couple of weeks?" I asked, 14 days of only foreplay and no sex! Somebody sedate me!

"Derek, I'm sorry...we've already talked about this." She said. I didn't want her to feel bad, I really didn't. I really didn't have a right to judge when she took time off work to take care of me after the accident. But 14 days!

"I'll try to make it home earlier today...okay?" She said quickly as she rushed into the bedroom to change.

In less than 5 minutes, I heard the front door slam shut. My Meredith was gone. I leaned back into my chair, feeling my penis still stiff and hard. Arrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh!