CHAPTER 55

Meredith's POV.

After we left the airport, which took only like twenty minutes, instead of the usual two century-long hours of baggage check and all that crap. Anyway, Derek told the chauffeur an address and we were off. I didn't really hear what he said, since I was too absorbed by, well Paris. The last time I was here, it was unforgettable and downright painful. I should hate this city, but I don't. I'm still mesmerized by it, every detail, every history, every memory. I sat close to the window, gazing out at the amazing buildings gliding past us. I could feel Derek sit close to me as he looked over at the window over me.

As we drive, we passed the bridge seperating Paris and the rich neighbourhood, I glanced back at Derek in question. "Aren't we going to the hotel?"

"Not when I have a perfectly fine apartment." Derek said with a smile, as if he was expecting my surprised look.

"You have an apartment in the middle of Paris?" I asked, my jaws dropped to the floor. I know that he's rich, but apartment in the middle of Paris, that's a whole new level.

"Impressed?" He said with a cocky air.

"What other secrets are you hiding?" I asked as I lunged into his chest, hitting him with my fist, giggling with laughter. He laughed and held onto my wrist gently. We played around until the driver stopped and looked back at us with a nod.

"Merci." Derek said and led us out to the front of the building. THe driver came around and helped us with the bags.

"Parles-tu francais, Monsier Shepherd?" I asked, giggling as he took my arms and led me into the elevator.

"Et tu aussi, ma chere." He replied and kissed me softly on the lips. We looked at each other and both burst out laughing. By the time we walked into his apartment, we were still giggling. I stopped when I saw the apartment. It was smaller in size than his penthouse in Manhattan, but still amazing.

"Wow." I turned around in a circle, looking around me. The style of the interior was simple and classy. It was minimal and masculine, but still cozy at the same time. There was nothing fancy, just "Derek" like.

"Armani casa." He said, as if he was reading my mind.

"So my McDreamy has good taste." I said walking towards him with a large grin. I stood on my tip toes and quickly kissed him on the lips. He kissed back and pulled me close to him.

"And my McDreamy has good kissing skills." I whispered, moaning softly in his kiss.

"Mere..." He started, as if he wanted to say something, but I cut him off.

"Shut up McDreamy...it's time to christian the apartment." I said and pulled him by the hand further into the apartment.

I know what he wanted to ask...but I just can't tell him now...not yet, not when we are so happy.