CHAPTER 36

Meredith's POV.

A few months has passed by, I still worked at the bar and I sent Izzie a long time ago to Derek's to pick up my things. I couldn't stand going back, and I couldn't stand to be near him. In the beginning, Derek and Mark still took turns to come over to the bar or call me. But I always kicked them out after a while, especially Derek. I never let him even near the bar. Gradually, their visits lessened, until they were completely non-existent. I told Christina and Izzie about what happened, and sometimes they will tell them to leave. I know that they still pity them sometimes, especially Izzie. But as long as I don't need to deal with them, I don't care if she pities them or not.

It's Christmas time, which means the bar is flooded with people who are allergic to families and holiday cheesiness. And I'm a proud member of that group, which is becoming bigger and bigger by the glass of alcohol I serve. I am almost always exhausted, which is good, since I didn't need to think about Derek...shit, I said that name again...However, Izzie, despite the workload and constant flood of customers, is still able to have a happy "holiday" spirit. She prance around the place like a president of fantasyland while Christina and I just glared at her in disgust and terror. The only reason we haven't put a "silencer" on her is because she's our friend, and guys like blondes. And she brings in customer, so woohoo, go Izzie.

Today, while I did the books in a stool by the bar Izzie cleaned the counter and started one of her infamous musing rant again.

"So...it's Christmas, and we need to get out, and we need to celebrate..." She started. Great, it's one of those.

"Izzie, shut the hell up! I'm not drunk yet, so no vomit-inducing talk until I'm stinking drunk!" Christina yelled from her spot, wiping down the tables. This is why she's my person.

"But there's a Christmas concert at Central Park on Christmas Day!! And I wanna go!" Izzie whined, balling her hands into fists. Great, now she's mad.

"If you wanna go to that disgusting crap, go with one of those customers that have been stripping you with their eyes, I'm sure they would be more than happy to oblige." Christina said sarcastically.

"I don't wanna go with those jerks!"

"Too bad Barbie. I'm not gonna touch that thing with a hundred foot pole."

"Me neither." I chimed in before Izzie can turn her whining at me.

"It's not that bad! What's wrong with you freaks! It's fucking Christmas!" She yelled.

"We Hate Fucking Christmas!" We yelled together.

"But The Fray's gonna be there! Don't you guys like The Frays???" Izzie whined with a pouty face.

"Nope! Radio's enough." Christina said. (A/N: I didn't mean it!)

"Meredith? Please?" Izzie started pouting at me. "I'll make you double chocolate chip cookies, and I'll buy you Ben and Jerry's!!"

"All I want is Tequila. And only Tequila."

"You guys are freaks! I hate you two!" She said, crossing her arms in front her chest.

"That's better." Christina said with a grin, since she won the argument again.

However, a few minutes later, Izzie started again.

"Guys?" She asked.

"Tequila."

"Vodka."

"What about......what about I bring the booze to the concert, and you guys go with me?? And I'll pay for the taxi and everything."

"Lots and lots of booze, stinking drunk amount of booze?" Christina asked. What? I can't believe her! She's suppose to be my person!

"Stinking drunk." Izzie nodded her head.

"What do you say, Mere?" Christina asked me.

"Just so you know, I'm gonna be less willing if you ever ask me to drag a dead body across the living room floor after this." I said, glaring at her.

"It's a deal then." Christina said. Izzie jumped up and started to do a happy dance around the place, her hands clutching three tickets already. Apparently, she already assumed we're gonna go. I just wish she trip and fall over a chair.