CHAPTER 23

Derek's POV.
After Meredith told me about Columbia and Finn we fell asleep. We didn't wake up until the evenings. I suggested we go out for dinner, get some fresh air, though that was more of a metaphor, since Manhattan didn't do fresh air. She said no, and we just stayed at home and had dinner. Meredith was still pretty quiet; I don't think anyone can be happy after reliving one of their hardest times in life. I wish I can take away the pain in her. Everytime I look at her, here eyes still showed pain, fear and regret under the smile she put up for me. I tried to cheer her up, but it was useless. Now, she's doing the dishes in the kitchen. I poured two more glasses of wine and put it on the counter. She only gave me a sad smile then went back to work. I walked behind her and put my arms around her.

"I'm sorry, Mere." I whispered as I nuzzled her neck.

"It's okay. You didn't know." She replied quietly.

"Should I grovel?" I asked her, though more to myself. "Yeah, I should grovel. WHy don't we go shopping tomorrow? We'll go to Louboutin, Manolo, Jimmy Choo...anywhere you want. I'll pay for anything. Please Mere, just smile, okay? Please be happy, or I'm gonna get drunk again because I can't make you happy." I said, looking into her eyes. Hell, I'll buy the entire store if that'll earn me a real smile from her.

"Derek, it's okay, seriously. I just need some time, that's all. I don't need you to buy me expensive shoes to feel happy. Thank you." She said sincerely as she moved away to dry her hands.

'But I thought girls like shoes. Don't you like shoes?" I asked, pouting. Somehow, that look always got me what I wanted. I don't know, probably because it makes me look like a puppy.

"I do like shoes..." She said smiling at my face. "But you don't...I don't want you to spend so much money on me. You've already spent enough." SHe said as she walked back to my body. I instinctively wrapped my arms around her. I'll take anything now, even just to hold her.

"But what can I do to make you happy? I'll do anything. I just can't stand seeing you like this and knowing that it was my fault." I said pleading with her. She looked up at me, as if she was searching for something.

"Kiss me." She whispered, and I obeyed. Then, she grabbed my face and deepened it, searching my mouth with her tongue. I realized what she was doing and stopped her.

"Mere, Mere...stop. You're hurt now, and you drank. I don't want to take advantage of you." I said.

"I'm not drunk. I need at least a bottle of tequila to make me drunk. And I'm hurt, yes. But you're not taking advantage of me." She said as she stood up on her toes to kiss me again.

"But, Mere...are you sure? Because I can wait, and I don't want to hurt you." I said. You don't know how much I want this, but I'm not going to have it if I'm going to hurt you in the process.

"Derek, don't make me beg!" With that, I kissed her with equal passion as she kissed me before. She responded quickly and pushed me against the wall, letting a few furnitures rattle. Her tongue grazed my teeth and slide over mine as she frantically clawed at my shirt. It wasn't until she had me half-naked that I was able to stop.

"My bedroom" I said quickly as we stumbled and bumped against walls on our way to my bed. Meredith was working on my belt already when I tried to lift up her shirt with one hand. She quickly stepped back and took it off before she pushed me against the bed so that I fell on top of it.

She snapped off her bra before she crawled on top of me. She lowered her head and kissed me hard as I felt her soft hair dance around my face. She started to kiss a line down my neck and across my chest as her nails followed, making red streaks on my torso. I groaned in frustration and sucked in breath as I ran my hand down her body, touching anywhere I can reach.

She slowly slided my jeans off along with my boxers. She kissed the line along my pelvis and licked down my shaft. I could feel all my muscles tensing, and I know that I couldn't last much longer if she kept doing that.

"Meredith, stop...Mere." I panted out. Luckily, she stood up and quickly stripped off her pants and underwear. I propped myself up to admire her body. Her skin glowed under the night light, and her curve lines were soft and graceful. I wanted to reach out my hand, but knew that I would fall back down again, and I wouldn't be able to see the vision in front of me.

"Mere...come here." I whispered, backening her. She crawled on top and straddled me, gyrating her hips above my shaft, making me feel her wetness. I was growing harder than before, but she still continued her dance on top of me, enjoying my tortured condition. I wanted to flip her over and take control, but could only hold still and watch the angelic body dance before me.

"Mere...Mere...please." I moaned out. She finally complied and lowered herself onto me and began a slow and steady rhythm. I bucked my hips in rhythm with her. Her movement were becoming more jagged and her pants were becoming more audible. I thrusted up faster and grabbed hold of her hips with one hand. I could feel her tighten around me as she leaned back and screamed out. Her body convulsed on top of me and I quicked my pace and released with a loud groan.

It wasn't until a few moment later that I feel her body stop shaking as she lay down on top of me. I put my arms around her and kissed her hair.

"I love you, Mere...I love you." I whispered with each kiss. I was beyond happy that we finally made love. Although some would call this just physical, but I think we've connected more than ever before. Besides, Meredith's body felt like she trusted me, and there was a small smile on her face, a real smile.

"Mmmmm...I love you too." She purred out, and snuggled further into my chest, and fell asleep.