CHAPTER 42

Meredith's POV.

As soon as Derek drove out of the bar's parking lot, he pulled out his cell phone and began to phone the restaurant. I didn't really hear what he was saying, something about steaks. I was too busy watching his hands, moving deftly and gracefully, as he navigated the busy Manhattan traffic.

Derek began to slow down and we were lucky enough to get a parking space quickly. I thought we were about to get out, but he stopped me and said he'll be right back. Soon, I saw him come out with two large white bags.

"Take outs?" I asked curiously. I never knew Derek do take outs.

"Yup...but not just any take outs. This is special take outs." He said with a grin. I thought he was going to give me the bags but he put it in the trunk instead.

"Hmm!" I pouted at him, crossing my arm as he came back into the car.

"What is it?" He asked worriedly.

"Why can't I hold the bag? I'm hungry!" I whined at him, sticking my bottom lip out dramatically.

"Because it's a surprise, and I know you hate surprises." He replied before he stole a kiss from my lips.

He began to drive again as I sat back in my seat and watched the shop lights fly past us.

"Enjoying the ride?" He asked cockily, as he watched me from the corner of his eye. I didn't reply as I just continue to watch, but I couldn't help grinning a little.

A few minutes later, we entered an underground parking lot. I cursed myself for not watching out for any signs on the building.

"Where are we?" I asked him, though I had a feeling he wasn't going to tell me.

"Somewhere in Manhattan." He said casually.

"Really helpful mister." I pouted at him. He opened the trunk and took out the bags before he came around and opened my door for me.

"So, do I need to blindfold you? or are you going to be a good girl and follow me?"

"Is there going to be a punishment if I'm bad?" I asked, moving my body closer to him. I watched him smell my hair and tried to suppress a moan. Teeheee...it worked!

"Definitely the blindfold." He decided, taking a piece of silk sash out of nowhere and tied it around my eyes.

"Did you plan this?" I asked him.

"Nope, I'm very spontaneous. I just happened to be well-equipped." He said proudly as he carefully led me into an elevator, from the sound of it.

"Are we there yet?" I asked as I heard a machine-like sound.

"Almost. Now watch your step." He said as he wrapped an arm around me and guided me forward. I heard him open a heavy door and I was suddenly hit by a cold wind.

"Derek, where is this?" I asked, a bit alarmed.

"Be patient!" He growled a little. "Ready?" He asked, his hands on the knot.

"Born ready." He untied the knot of the sash and my eyes quickly adjusted to the outside light. I was faced with the night sky, dotted with tiny diamonds-like stars. It was rare to be able to see the stars in Manhattan, with the pollution and stuff. I was amazed. I walked around, looking at the buildings around us, since we were at the top of a very high one.

"Empire State Building?" I guessed after I saw a few familiar buildings around me.

"Mmmhmmm...have you ever been up here before?" He asked, as he watched me.

"Actually...no." I replied shyly. It was tradition for New Yorkers to be up at the roof of the Empire State Building, but I've never done that before.

"Seriously? And you call yourself a New Yorker?" He asked, mocking me.

"Derek!" I slapped him lightly on the arm and giggled.

"Okay, okay, I get it. You're hungry...Did you catch the name of the restaurant we were at?" He asked as he began to lay out the food on the ground.

"No..." I answered. I sat down beside him.

"Good, I was hoping you didn't, or it wouldn't be a surprise anymore."

The food he had was the kind we usually had when he took me out to eat. It was delicious and fresh, and it was perfect, as usual. Derek uncorked a champagne and poured out two flutes.

"Oooh, special!" I giggled as I took a sip.

"For a special person."

We finished up our dinner as I watched the night sky. I was feeling warm and tipsy from the Champagne. Whenever it comes to Champagne, I always drink too much, since I never feel the drunkness until the morning after. Although I was tipsy and a bit giggly, I kept on feeling that something was missing. Then I saw the white bag peaking out from behind Derek's back. I smirked a little for I knew what was in there.

"Derek..." I said sweetly as I leand forward to him. "Can I have my dessert now?"

"Damn...I thought you would forget it." He said as he reached behind him. "Since I knew your really bad habit of eating your meal with your dessert at the same time, I hide it."

"Which is not fun." I concluded as I grabbed the bag from him as politely as possible. But he took it back again.

"Hey, hey...not so fast." He chuckled, looking at my defeated face.

"Kiss me and I'll let you have the whole thing." He whispered, pulling me close to him.

"Is it cheesecake?" I asked him.

"Do you want it or not?"

I shifted my body so that I was sitting between his legs and pulled his head down to me. I kissed him softly at first, licking his lips quickly before I pushed at his teeth a little. He willingly let my tongue into his mouth as I tasted the familar insides that I've craved all this time. He wrapped his arms around me tighter, almost burying me into his chest. Our tongue danced and battled for control in our mouth until we had to break for air.

He looked down at me, catching his breath; his eyes were becoming more hazy. I watched his face with a grin as I rested my head against his chest.

"How about that?" I smirked.

"I'm buying the whole cheesecake next time." He said as he opened up the box and served me with my cheesecake.

"Thank you." I said cheerfully as I stabbed my fork in and began to eat, still cuddled in his arms.

"So what do you think about this?" He asked, as he finished the champagne.

"I like it more than the restaurants." I said, wiggling my body closer into him. I must've hit a sensitive spot for I heard a throaty moan from him.

"Is everything okay, Mr. Shepherd." I teased him as I slipped my finger between the buttons on his shirt, grazing his chest with my nails.

"Fine, fine." He replied quickly, grunting when he realized that he finished the champagne. I giggled at how worked up he was and began to play with the buttons on his shirt.

"Ooops." I said giggling, as two of the buttons loosened and I accidentally opened up his shirt more, exposing his hard chest. I leaned in to him, smelling an intoxicating scent, a mix of his cologn, soap and a smell that was uniquely...him. I curled one finger gently around his dark chest hair.

"Mere..." He groaned out, more as a warning I guess. But I was having too much fun with this.

I ignored his hands trying to pull me away from him as I latched myself onto his neck and trailed feather kisses all the way down his collar bone and onto his chest. I put a hand on one side of his pectoral and started to kiss the other one. When I reached his nipple, I licked it in a circular motion and continued to kiss my way to the middle of his chest, feeling him shiver as the cold wind blew past the wet kisses I left on his body.

"Let's go back to my place." He growled into my ears as he carried me in his arms, walking towards the door.

"Thought you would never take the hint." I said with a grin as I kissed him lightly on the bottom of his ear and flicked his earlobe with my tongue.

"Meredith!" He groaned as he tried to control himself.

"Hurry up then, old man!" I whispered into his ear, letting him feel the warm breath as I quickly licked his ear with the tip of my tongue.