CHAPTER 50

"Christina?" I said into the phone, with Derek lying beside me, his head in my lap. Sometimes he's like a poodley doodle, innocent and cute.

"Did you miss me already?" She replied, since I got the weekend off and didn't need to work, which was just like winning the lottery for me.

"No...can you do me a big favor?" I continued, not really able to say what I'm about to ask her.

"What did you do this time?" She asked, alarm in her voice.

"I'm going to Europe with Derek." I blurted it out, thinking it's the best way to tell her.

"I don't care where you wanna go with that jackass, I'm not your mother....wait, why are you going to Europe?" She said, suspicion in her voice. This is not gonna be good.

"He's going there for work." I said.

"What does that have to do with you?"

"I'm going with him." I said, wincing already.

"What? Does he need to be tucked in and sang a lullaby every night?" She asked in her classical sarcastic way.

"He...he wants me there...and we're together, so I should..." I mumbled, not really knowing how to answer that question.

"So you fell for that yucky overly-moussed hair and he's stupid McAsshole smirk?"

"It's not like that!" I defended myself. There's more to Derek than that! There's the hair and the McDreamy smirk!!.............and that's kinda the same thing, but still!

"Whatever, put him on the phone." She ordered. I handed the phone to him, who took it cautiously. Great, he's afraid of Christina. Now she'll definitely let me go.

"Yo, McAsshole!" Christina said.

"Yes, Christina?" Derek said slowly.

"Why is Meredith going with you to Europe?" She demanded.

"Because I want her to go, and I thought it would be good for us to go on a vacation." He explained.

"How long?"

"Umm....three weeks, maybe more."

"What about the bar?" Oooh....big question.

"Umm....." Great, we're definitely going now.

"Look, I'm only doing this because she's my person, and somehow you can make her happy. But I want her to be on freaking cloud 900 when she comes back! Because you hurt her, and you're going to fix her! And she better be as good as new! Capeesh?"

"I promise." Derek said seriously.

"Or, I will make you sing for your mommy and tuck you in six feet under."