CHAPTER 12

Meredith's POV.

He was out for the rest of the day with Mark, leaving me to roam around in his penthouse. I went for a swim in the indoor pool before I went out to get some groceries. He gave me one of his credit cards and told me to "rip it for all I care." I can't believe how much he trusts me, I feel bad for him. He seems so ready to jump head into his, but I don't know if I can. I know he's a nice person, and he won't hurt me on purpose. But I just don't know! I know Christina will have jump him for the sex and the money. I know Izzie will fall for him on day one. I don't know what do I want. No...I know what I want, but I don't want to know it. By knowing it, I'll admit that I wat him. But I can't. I don't want t oget hurt...Why do I have to be so scared? Why can't I just let it go?....

"Penny for your thoughts." Came a soft voice behind me.

I sprang around and saw Derek standing right next to me. "Oh, it's you." I said, still a bit dumbfounded.

"Mmmmhmmm...what were you thinking about?" He asked, leaning against the kitchen counter beside my stool. Why is he always leaning against something?...it's cute.

"Nothing." I said, shaking my head. "How was your day?"

"Good...considering how Mark ganged up with my record company to threaten a few more songs out of me...and he's got the numbers for all the secretaries under 25 years old...not too bad. You?"

"I swam a little...I've been eyeing the pool for a while."

"Too bad, I missed it...you in the pool, that's a beautiful sight."

I rolled my eyes as he smirked at me. "And I did some groceries, and I thought..."

"about my proposal?" He asked, with hope in his eyes.

"Yes...and I've decided..."

"To give us a try?" He asked eagerly, coming closer.

"But we need to take it slow." I warned him.

"Oh I can take it slow...I can take it incredibly slow." He said with a smirk as he moved even closer.

"We're taking it slower than that!" I said swatting his arm.

"Okay, okay...so do I get a kiss now?" He asked, puckering up and closing his eyes. God, he's such a little boy sometimes.

I leaned in and gave him a quick kiss, but he quickly grabbed my face and deepened it.

"Hey! I said slow!" I said, hitting his arm again. But that was a good kiss though!

"I'm sorry...but you taste like chocolate...and I love chocolate, especially on your lips...Can I have another taste?" He asked, licking his lips.

"NO!" I said, moving to the opposite side of the kitchen island.

"You know, some girls will cover their entire body for me to lick." He said slyly, leaning across the marble.

I narrowed my eyes and glared at him. But he only blew me a kiss and winked at me.

"How can you be such an ass one second, and so sweet the next?" I asked, getting food out to make dinner.

"I'm a man. And men are genetically blessed to have the ass gene." He said cockily.

"You won't feel so blessed when you don't get your Godiva liqueur truffle tonight."

"How did you know I like those truffles?" He asked, with a sudden excitement in his voice.

"Trash can."

"You went through my trash can? Are you stalking me?" He asked, coming up behind me.

"It's kinda hard to miss when there's like five Godiva boxes in there."

"Are there really that many?" He asked incredulously. I merely glared at him like he was nuts. "Shhh....that was suppose to be my secret!"

"Does Mark knows that his best friend is a chocoholic?" I asked, teasing him. And he merely glared at me and told me to shut up.

"Oh...so he's gonna call you a little girl if he knows?"

"Shhh!!!!" He said, covering my mouth.

I opened a box of the truffles and picked out the Champagne one. I put it in between my front tooth and slowly licked around it with my tongue.

"Mmmm..." I moaned out, rolling my eyes and enjoying the taste of the chocolate mix with the alcohol.

I looked at Derek again, and licked the truffle again, teasing him some more. He looked at me with dazed eyes filled with desire. He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again. I raised my eyebrows at him, challenging him. Then I leaned forward, teasing him to take the truffle from me. He took a breath then stepped closer. I closed my eyes, but he reached for my ears instead and whispered, "We're taking it slow, remember?" And he walked away.

I swallowed the truffle, nearly choking on it. "Derrruuuk!"

"What, you wanted it slow! So, I'm being a gentlemen, and taking it slow!"

"Derek!" I whined. God! Why is he so....uuugh!

"Yes?"

"We're not taking it that slow!"

"Oh, really?" He said with an amused smile, walking towards me. Shit! Why did I say that!

"So we're goinna take it my way?" He asked, cornering me in the kitchen.

I looked up at his triumphant grin and my rather pathetic state. "Dammnit!" I said, looking down.

"I'll take that as a yes?" He asked, his face inches close to mine.

"Yes...But I'm calling the shots!"

"We'll do whatever you want, baby." He said huskily before he kissed me hard, licking and sucking the rest of the chocolate in my mouth, leaving my lips red and swollen.

"Mmmm.....you taste wonderful." He moaned out as he kissed small kisses on my face. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to my body.

"Derek..." I whimpered.