CHAPTER 44

Derek's POV.

I woke up in the middle of my bed, feeling a warm weight on top of me. I looked up and smiled at how cute Meredith looked lying on mychest as she slept. SHe had a clenched fist in front of her face, her golden hair sprayed around her. I gently moved under her and let her sleep on the bed. She whimpered a little and turned away from me. She curled up on her side from the coldness of the sheets.

I wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer into my chest. Her curled form relaxed from the warmth and I ran my hand down her body, making her snuggle into me further. Satisfied, I rest my arm on her, almost covering her entire upper body and buried my face in her hair. Mornings should always be spent like this, snuggled with Meredith, sleeping together.

Meredith's POV.

I opened my eyes a few hours later, last nights event flashing through my mind. I absent-mindedly pulled up the arm draped on me further up my boy as if it was a blanket. I felt Derek's warm breath blowing against my hair, tickling me a little.

I turned onto my back and stretched my arms, trying not to wake him. When I reached up, his hand dropped and landed on my brest, cupping them. He better not be awake.

I lifted his hand to move it down, but it just stayed put and squeezed my breast a little and flicked my nipple with one thumb. That sneaky bastard!

"Wake up!" I whispered to him, but he didn't move.

"Wake up! I know you're awake!" I tried again.

"Derek!" Still, he refused to open his eyes. Getting a bit worried, I sat up and looked down at him.

"Derek?" I whispered, my face hovering above his as I tried to watch if he flinched. Instead, his breath was slow nand even, like he was asleep.

"Seriously?" I poked his chest a little.

Suddenly, his arm reached up to grab me and turned to pin my down to the mattress. I screamed in shock and he looked down at me with the biggest smrik in the world.

"Ass!' I slapped his bare arm, which only made him laugh harder.

"I thought you were feeling me up in your sleep!"

"What can I say, I'm just that good!" He said cockily, which earned another slap from your's truly.

"Fine, I woke up as soon as you did."

"You scared me." I pouted at him accusingly.

"I'm sorry, let me make it up to you." He said and dove down to kiss my neck hard. "You taste so sweet."

Getting an idea, I jumped out of bed before he could catch me. I found the 3 inch PJ slides I used to wear beside the bed.

"How come you still have my stuff?" I turned around and asked Derek, who was watching me from the bed.

"I kept some...I couldn't throw them away. They reminded me of you." He said in a sadder tone, even his eyes were shining. I went into the closet, and quickly got dressed in an old t-shirt and my panties. I walked up to him and straddled him, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Derek..." I started, but he stopped me.

"It's...it's okay...we'll talk about it later." He said, understanding my habit of avoiding problems. "Now, here's the question...why are you dresssed in my bedroom when we should be naked and having hot, amazing, damn near explosive sex?"

"Because I'm hungry and I want food and we've already had sex like...5 times last night. Don't you need a break?" I smiled at him, curling his hair in my fingers.

"Mere...I haven't had sex in five month, two weeks and four days, I want sex!"

"And I want food!" I pointed it out to him.

"Fine...I'll make you breakfast." He said, pushing me off to get up.

"No, I can make it." I said, still sitting on him.

"Umm...do you wanna move?" He asked me, but I just shook my head.

"I'm staying here...it's warmer." I said, clasping my legs around his back.

"Okay, but I need to get dressed." He reminded me. I stood up and he got dressed in jeans and a t shirt. I jumped up into his arms again, and told him to start walking.

"You really like staying up here, huh?" He asked with a grin. I just nodded my head.

He walked slowly down the stairs, careful not to drop me. When we reached the kitchen, a voice called out, making me regret wanting Derek to carry me downstairs.