EPILOGUE

3 years later...

I was in the bedroom, with our two year old daughter, Kayla, when I heard the front door slam shut. Pretty soon, I heard his voice rang out through the house.

"I see London, I see Paris, I see my Meredith naked!"

I giggled as I saw Derek stop in front of the bedroom doorway, a proud grin on his face. I sat Kayla between my legs, and she made a gurgling sound as she heard me giggle. "Derek, I don't think our daughter needs to know that!" I said, still giggling and rocking back and forth. Derek just smirked at me and gave me a dirty grin.

"Hi Kaykay, daddy's home!" Derek said as he came towards us and picked her up. She gurgled in response, and reached out her hand and hit his face. When Derek looked at her in shock, she giggled louder.

"That's my girl!" I said, reaching up to pull Derek down onto the bed beside me.

"Hmm! You girls always gang up on me." Derek said with a pout as he rested his head in my nap, nuzzling his head further into my abdomen, making me giggle.

"Maybe it's because you're daddy." I said with a smirk.

"Very funny. Where's Kyle?" He asked about our son, Kayla's twin brother.

"Sleeping...finally." I said. Kyle is always energetic when he's up, and it is always world war three when we try to put him to sleep.

And as if on cue, we hear him whimpering through the baby monitor. "Maybe not."

I got up from the bed and walked towards the nursery room, that we set up right across the hallway from our bedroom. When I walked in, Kyle was already sitting up in his tiny bed, and his shirt was off, again.

"Kyle baby! How many times does mommy have to tell you not to take your clothes off! You'll catch cold!" I chided as I quickly put his shirt back on. "You naughty little baby, running around the place half naked."

Derek chuckled as he watched me, holding Kayla in his arms. I glanced over at him and said with a smile, "Just like his daddy."

"I thought you like me naked." He responded smugly, walking towards me and kissed me softly on the lips, our babies heads in between us. And like always, our kiss was never quick, it was always drawn out and slow, until one of us is dying for air. But this time, it stopped because Kyle drew his hand up and slapped Derek's face.

"Ouch!" Derek said, holding his face with his hand, which just made him look even more ridiculous. "Please don't tell me you got beat by a baby!" I said, couldn't control my laughter.

"We need to have a good talk, young man." Derek said, trying to be stern, but somehow that only made the smile on Kyle's face grow bigger.

"What can I say, he likes his mommy." I said with a giggle, holding Kyle close to me as I kissed his forehead softly.

"Yes, but he needs to know that he needs to share. You have to share mommy with daddy, okay?" Derek said, trying to reason with his son. And Kyle just looked at him, and rested his head in the crook of my neck.

"It's not like you ever liked to share, Derek." I pointed out, and walked away giggling. "Come on Kyle, what do you want for dinner today, hmm? Don't care about daddy, he's stupid."

"Mere! I don't think that's the way you teach your children!" Derek said in a warning tone. "And you're lying, I'm not stupid."

"I'm not lying Derek, I'm just stating the facts." I said and burst into laughter when I saw the disbelieved look on Derek's face.

"That was mean." Derek  whined like a kid, and looked down to Kayla in his arms. "You're mommy's mean."

"Derek!" I yelled.

"Tit for tat." He said with a devilish grin.

"No sex for you!" I hissed back, but couldn't keep a straight face.

"Saacc?" Kyle asked, looking up at me with questioning eyes.

"What did you just say?" I asked. This is Kyle's first word!

"Saaac?" He repeated, the question still in his voice.

Suddenly, it drawned to me what he was saying. I looked up, red faced and ashamed, while Derek, if he wasn't holding Kayla, would probably be on the floor, rolling with laughter.

"Derek...what am I suppose to do?" I asked, clearly panicking. This is way no young to teach a child.

"You started it!" He managed to get out between laughs.

"Not funny!" I yelled.

"Oh, it so is funny. I'm gonna tell Mark, he's gonna have a field day with this." Derek said, walking over to the phone. I quickly raced over and stood in front of him.

"No, don't tell him. Please..." I begged, knowing full well what Mark would do.

"Fine, I'll call Christina and Izzie then." He said, his eyes filled with glee and mischief.

"No! Don't you dare!" I yelled, stopping his hand.

"Then what are you gonna do?" He asked challengingly, moving closer to me so that I can feel his breath dance on my skin, making me feel weak.

"Damn you." I sighed in defeat, while I heard Derek laugh in triumph. "But you're putting Kyle to sleep!"