CHAPTER15

Meredith's POV.

"Smells nice here." Derek said as he came into the kitchen.

"I'm trying this new recipe, called Aztec Slugger." I said.

"Aztec what?"

"It's a drink with bourbon, well I put whiskey in there, and chocolate and cream and lots of good stuff. What do you want for lunch?" I said, as I stirred my pot of yummy-ness.

"Just some salad and a sandwich." He said tiredly as he propped himself into the stool.

"Ooooh, healthy. Why the change?" I teased him. Since when does a drunker eat salads?

"Because I have to be in shape to impress a lady." He responded smoothly.

"Nice try." I said. And really cheesy.

"Who said it was you?" He countered.

"Who said it wasn't me? I don't see any girlfriend here!" Or, any secret wives, unless you have them secretly stashed somewhere...okay, stop. I'm gonna give myself nightmares.

"Fine. Hey, why don't we go out to eat? I know a place that you might like." He asked me, reaching for my hand.

"No, no, it's fine." I quickly refused him.

"Come on, my treat."

"If you insist." And if you really want me to make a dent in your wallet....no, bad Mer, bad. That's just cheap!

"Oh, I do." He said as he gave me my coat.

"So...what brought you out of the studio? You were in there since last night." I asked as we walked down the street.

"I'm having a bit of a writer's block, but it'll go away once I eat. Besides, I thought I should take you out on a date." He said with a smirk.

"I didn't say this is a date!" I protested.

"Then why are we holding hands, mmm, kitty?"

"I don't like kitty!" I pouted. "And I'm cold."

"Here." He said as he started to take off his jacket to give it to me.

"No, no it's okay. I'll get warm soon anyways." He stopped but wrapped his good arm around my shoulder.

"Derek!" I warned.

"Shut up. I'm keeping you warm." He ordered as he kissed my hair softly. And for some reason, I snuggled closer into his side. I heard him chuckle.

"What? I'm trying to get warm!"

"Remember our little bet?"He asked before he broke into a full-on laugh.

"Oh My GOD!" I exclaimed. I completely forgot that thing! Damnit!

"I hope you've been stretching, kitty." He whispered into my ears.

"That's not fair!" I whined as I punched him in the chest repeatedly.

He took my fist in his hand and kissed my knuckles. "But you didn't pull away when I kissed your hair, or when I wrapped my arms around you." He said.

"I thought those were "friendly gestures"! How can you remember something so stupid like that?" You freak!

"Oh, that bet was not stupid. That was a classic, and I intend to claim my prize, tonight!" He hissed.

"I don't want to be tied up." I whined as I nuzzled into his neck, hoping that he'll show some mercy.

"Did you actually believed that I'll tie you up?" He asked me incredulously.

"But I thought that was your deal?" I asked, clearly confused.

"That was just to scare you. I'll never tie you up. I can't do that to a woman. But if you're into that kinda stuff, I'm more than happy to serve!" He said with a sly grin.

"Oh shut up batman!" I said, swatting his arm hard.

"Okay, okay...but you're gonna be my girlfriend from now on." He said, looking at me seriously. God, he really is seriously about this.

"Okay, but you're still not getting lucky tonight."

"You say that now." He said as he opened the door for me, and we walked into my favorite restaurant in Manhattan.