Prologue

Rule one;

Rule one;

            Rule two; Don't travel at night.

            Rule three; Don't let out your scent.

            Rule four; the most important rule of all,

DON"T. GET. EATEN.

Those are the four rules we must live by in this twisted dark world. Once here, forget everything you once knew about the luxury of living. Because here...there wasn't one.

I lay still on the ground of an old hotel room where the paint on the walls were peeling, the doors so warped they barely could close without enough force to put into it, and where the windows were all but shattered.

It was a cold bitter night, one filled with an ominous atmosphere. We thought we had found a place of a few hours of peace. Until a new stock arrived not far from where we decided to camp out.

The first signs; was the loud rumble, like thunder. But here is the difference between this sound and from actual real thunder. The fact that a flash of lightning doesn't follow, and it only happens once. Followed by a purple bright light.

I try desperately to hold my breathing from making heaving sounds, just lying there under the hotel window, hoping the thing out there couldn't hear the loud sounds of my racing heart. I listen as the crunch of footfalls was just right outside, the awful smell making me want to gag.

I stare into the scared eyes of the person I cherish most in this ungodly place. His hand clutching mine, neither of us moving as the shadow slowly passes by the window of our room. I hear more of them out there and like in every situation we came across, I wonder...

Will this be the night we die?