Chapter Eighty Two

"We have a slight problem."

I turn to see Lacy walking up to us near the front double doors of the building we first came in. Casey was standing in the middle of Kyle and Alex as we waited for the others to arrive.

"What's wrong?" I ask, looking around the pillar for any bystanders looking our way.

"There's too many of us. It'll look suspicious if we all go just for an errand. Normally it's just two or three people but there's eight of us." She was on her own, both Leo and Lani not yet arriving.

Kyle frowns. "Eight, I thought there was seven of us. Is someone else joining?"

"Leo's cousin Christina is here too."

I was actually glad to hear that. But strange that I haven't seen her since we've been here. Looking around I wonder where she had been this entire time. Noticing my reaction Lacy sighs.

"Ever since we got spilt up with the rest of you she hasn't spoken a word. Once we got here she's been holed up in the room stationed to us. She refuses to leave. Leo doesn't know what to do with her." She whispers.

Nodding I guess it makes sense. She lost pretty much everyone she was close too. Sure she had Leo, but all her friends were either missing or dead. I get it too. If it hadn't been for Jinsen being with me those two months I would have lost the will to live as well.

Another few minutes and both Leo and Lani saunters over to us like it was the most causal thing to do. Lacy and I both frown.

"Where's your cousin?" She asks before I could.

He starts shaking his head, face looking grim and pissed at the same time. "I tried to convince her to come with us, but she isn't budging. I even told her Zared was here but nothing." He shrugs.

"I came to let you all know that we'll be staying. I can't leave her behind if she isn't going to move."

"Okay new plan. Leo, try to keep convincing her. Once you get her to tag along get the hell out of here and meet us at our old hideout. If you're not there in two days we'll be moving on. I'll make sure to leave you a clue on where to head next."

He nods his understanding with a displeased look.

"As for the rest of us-"

"I can sneak out of here on my own. Just tell me where this hideout is." Alex interrupts quickly, looking all serious as usual.

She looks to me and I nod in agreement. "It's true. He'll have no trouble with that." I tell her.

"Okay that's three. We're still too many on just a run so, Lani..." She turns to the girl. "Stay with Leo and join them when they leave."

Lani just nods and heads off like it was any normal day. Leo and Alex following suit but in different directions.

"Okay, I think we're good on just us four for now. Come on."

We follow her to the double doors where we first came in. A big guy was standing near like a bodyguard, looking a bit bored. As soon as he sees us coming, he frowns and holds up a hand.

"What's going on?" he asks in a deep voice.

"We need to make a run. We're short on blankets and I figure the newbies can join me since it's for them anyways." She didn't miss a beat.

He looks at each of us, staring at me the longest before he nods. "Parker will be back soon. Make sure you get back before she does."

"You got it." She slaps him on the shoulder as she walks pass him through the doors, acting like this was the norm.