Chapter Twenty Eight

I rush through the door and come to a complete stop at the scene before me. Everyone was gathered around in the middle of the foyer, both Lacy and Leo facing each other just mere inches apart. Both wearing identical expressions of rage. I didn't know what was going on, but as I slowly start walking closer, I hear Lacy spat,

"I will not allow you to risk all our lives just so you can go out there and find your cousin, who may not even be alive right now!"

His face turns a deep red, his eyes bulging, his lips thin, and his muscles beginning to strain. I see all the guys step a bit closer watching Leo with cautiousness. None of them even noticed I was walking up, all eyes on the two of them.

"I will go if I damn well please! She's out there and that could be one of her screams right now! I will not stand by and let those...things eat her!" He goes to shove her out of his way, trying to get to the front doors.

She pushes him back as hard as she could, both Seth and Zared quickly intervening. Seth pushes Leo back a little as Zared grabs Lacy's arm and pulls her slightly away, both of the men wearing wary looks on their faces.

"You will not open those doors! And you sure as hell won't open that gate putting every single one of us in danger!" She nearly screeches, her eyes going a bit wild.

I was starting to understand now. Leo wanted to leave but if he did, he exposes us all by giving the creatures a way in past the barrier that was protecting us. Besides, he may not even make it five feet out of this place. The hotel was in an open field. There was nothing close that we could hide in. The closest tree was at least fifty yards away.

I get he was desperate. But he wasn't thinking clearly. I take another step and open my mouth to say something when suddenly another scream lets out just outside. But this time it was screaming of words.

"Someone! Please, please help us!"

Banging follows as whoever that was, was hitting the wooden barrier. "Please! If there's someone in there, please open up! Please!"

Sobs followed as the voice sounded desperate. And there was just no way I could ignore it. None of us could. I rush through the group ignoring them calling my name. I don't think, I act. There were people out there. People who were trying to escape those things. Desperate for a helping hand. I couldn't leave them. I wouldn't leave them.

Leo was right by my side as together we remove the wooden slabs that kept the door in place in case of intruders during the night. I grunt as I lift the heavy beam off the door and together, we place it on the ground.

"Please! Please let us in!" Another voice rings out and this time I falter in my movements.

My eyes swing to the now opening door as Leo rushes through followed by Seth and Chuck. But that voice...I knew that voice. I turn to see Rissa and Violet standing just behind me looking through the door with worried and frightened eyes. I call out to them to get their attention.

They both turn to look at me. "Go to Mateo. He shouldn't be alone right now. He needs to know what's going on." I quickly say watching as they nod their heads and rush to go back upstairs to do just that.

I turn to look back outside when I meet my boyfriend's eyes and he was not happy with me. We really didn't have time for this, but if I don't get this over with now, he's only going to get angrier.

"You were supposed to stay upstairs, Jinsen." He sighs as if already defeated in the argument.

"You really expected that of me?" I couldn't help asking sarcastically.

He just gives a tiny grin. "Not really. To be honest I expected you to be down here a lot sooner."

I scoff with a smile of my own, until I hear banging and more desperation on the other side. We both turn to leave the hotel and help the others. Leo and Seth were already beginning to open the side gate as Lacy and Daisy was up top while Lani and Jacob both started a machine that was off to the far side of the gate. I frown when they got it roaring to life causing a loud sound to rent the air. Not long does Daisy race to a giant spotlight and blasts the thing on, making a loud clicking sound, pushing it downwards lighting the spot I assumed where the newcomers were.