Off Limits

|Rory's POV|

The past 5 years have had their highs and lows. We had the unexpected loss of Uncle Scott which hit me pretty hard. He was always the one I could call and he'd listen for hours on end as I vented. He was the best listener I've ever known and his presence will truly be missed. I was now 38 years old and Bash was 42. His business was thriving as was mine. Working more with not only WWE, but the NFL and other companies designing was a dream come true.

A pair of 16 year olds, a 12 year old and a 10 year old; trust me, it was always something going on in my household. I completely forgot that my high school children had a half day today. They usually go to one of their friends' houses, but today they went home. Sometimes the two of them alone can be a recipe for disaster. When Madison called me I heard yelling between the two of them and doors slamming. Thankfully my office wasn't too far from the house.

Walking in the house, I heard yelling coming from the living room. I sat my purse down and saw my living room was a mess.

"What the hell is going on with you two?!"

They stopped hearing my voice and immediately started rambling trying to plead their case.

"Enough! One at a time. Wyatt, you first."

"We made a pact to not date each other's friend and today I caught her kissing Levi."

Levi was one of Wyatt's best friends. I knew of this pact and thought it was a bad idea when they agreed to it.

"I'm not dating him, we just kissed," Madison chimed in.

"People have been coming to me saying they've seen you guys kiss before. You're going behind my back and doing that. I'm not the one that came up with the pact, you idiot."

"Alright, let's not start with the name calling."

"See, you're taking her side!"

"Lower your voice Wyatt. I understand that you're upset, but don't speak to me that way. I'm not taking anyone's sides, you two just need to find a better way to communicate with each other without low blows and throwing things. Also, both of you clean up this living room."

"No."

"Excuse you?"

"I said, no. I'm not cleaning it up."

"I got it mom," Madison whispered.

Before I could say anything else to Wyatt, he went to his room, slamming the door. Mikayla moved around the living room, cleaning up. I took a seat as she finished up.

"Come here, baby girl."

I stroked her hair as she laid on my lap, crying. She was distraught to be fighting with her twin brother. I've always admired the bond they have which makes their fights even that more diabolical.

Madison dating her brother's best friend isn't the end of the world, but they had some pact to not date each other's friends. Realistically, that could cause an issue especially when it's even harder to turn off your feelings for someone. Hell, if I had thought about not dating my brother's best friend, I wouldn't have the life I have now. There'd be no Wyatt and Madison. M

I thought back to the time Zach and I fought over the same issue. We didn't have a pact, but that didn't make my brother any less pissed off. Just how Wyatt feels Madison was in the wrong, I know for sure I was. Bash wanted to tell Zach and I remember begging him not to. I don't know why I thought Zach would hate the idea of me dating Sebastian. I hurt him more by lying instead of being upfront.

|Flashback|

I had got back to New York from my vacation trip with Sebastian. He had surprised me for my 20th birthday with a trip to Turks and Caicos. It was beautiful and romantic. The only downside, my family finding out the way they did that we were officially together. I mean, most of them had pieced it together, but Zach, he was pissed.