Family of 3

|Erica's POV|

I would've loved to relax on my first day off, but of course, that wouldn't be the case. Between finalizing details for Lauren's birthday party, I was doing the same for Logan's. His 25th birthday was a month away and he usually liked to keep things low key or travel. It's a milestone birthday, plus I have a feeling we'll be celebrating a Super Bowl win.

Since coming in this kitchen, Logan has been eyeing me.

"Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like you want to devour me."

He chuckled and moved closer to me. I took a step back, bumping right into the fridge.

"Tell me you don't want me to," he said into my ear.

I could feel the chill down my spine as he deepened his voice.

"Logan...."

"Yes or no, baby girl."

"No."

I tried to sound more definitive in my statement, but I was lying to myself.

"I'll give you a pass. Just know, time is running out and once I get going you know I won't stop."

He stepped back and I felt the heat between my legs knowing exactly what he was talking about. I haven't done anything sexually in years and every single time with Logan has been amazing. I know now that we've entered this new phase of our relationship, when that time comes, it's going to be erotic.

He sat down at the kitchen island. Good, space between us is good.

"How was practice and your interview?" I asked, changing the subject while beginning to clean up my mess.

"Everything was all good. Soon the tabloids will have confirmation of both you and Lauren. I'm sure they'll have a field day," he commented, rolling his eyes

"Don't worry about that, babe."

"I'm not worried as much as I know they like to spin shit."

"Nothing for them to spin. We know the truth, they don't."

"You know, I'm going to do everything in my power to protect you and Lo," he commented.

"I know."

"So, you're good with us going public?"

"No reason to hide it. Will there be rumors and other bullshit to go along with this, sure. As long as you and I are solid, that's all that matters. Just how you want to protect me and Lo, I want to do the same. I'm very classy, but will get dirty if need be."

"Noted. Other than work shit, how was your day?"

"It was good. Talked to your mom, my dad, the realtor. Oh, the package from Teo arrived for Lauren, but I told her to wait until you got here to open it. I also told her we had something important to talk to her about."

"Speaking of my mom, as soon as I got in the car from my interview, I got a call from her. She was so excited to hear we've made things official."

I smiled, recounting my conversation with his mom.

"She called to finalize details on Lauren's birthday party and we got to talking about life and what not. She asked how we were doing and that's when I told her."

"How much is this party?"

I looked at him.

"Does it matter?"

"E, I told you don't go overboard with this. She's only turning 4."

"Logan, we're not paying for the party. Between your parents and my dad, they said they had it covered. Let them have their moment."