Teenage Girls

5 years years after the ending of Book 6, "All Grown Up"

|Izzy's POV|

If you would've told me 25 years ago that my life would be what it is now, I wouldn't believe you. It's crazy to even think that much time has gone by. At 16 years old, all I ever dreamed of doing was dancing. I went from having 3 little sisters at that time to gaining my God sister officially as an adopted sister so to speak and a little brother. Over the years, the 6 of us have grown closer than ever and I know I could depend on my siblings for anything.

Going off to college, I was excited to expand my skill set, but I really just wanted to go on tour. I'd done professional gigs here and there, but I wouldn't need my parents permission. I'd be able to decide and make deals on my own.

As my life always had twists and turns, college was no different. My freshman year I met and fell in love with Tyler and Logan came along by the time I had turned 20. Even as young parents, Tyler and I managed to pursue our dreams and flourish in our respective careers. Here we are, 24 years later and 17 years married, a family of 5.

Tyler (45) and I (43) now have a 23 year old, 17 year old, and 15 year old. Logan got drafted shortly after his 20th birthday. It was after his Junior year of college that he declared his draft entry and he was picked up in the first round of the NFL draft by the Los Angeles Rams. Zach was excited to have his nephew not only follow in his footsteps, but play on his former team. We had a huge draft party for him and he would be joining Matteo in the NFL. Teo had been drafted the year prior to the Buffalo Bills.

The following year, we were surprised to receive invitations to Logan's college graduation from the University of Michigan. Tyler and I had no clue he was continuing his studies, but he said since he only had one year left, he might as well finish. I love that although football is his career, he's always thought of life after it.

Olivia is now a Senior in high school. I can't believe our oldest daughter will be graduating within the next 7 months and turning 18 as will my nieces Ava and Bianca. Livy has also been doing professional dancing on tours and in commercials in the Summers for the past few years. She's been able to earn her own income and wants to continue her professional dancing career. She's thinking of law school and has been on the debate team since her freshman year. So many possibilities and we told her to take her time in deciding what she wanted to do. No need to rush.

Then there's our baby girl, Mikayla. At 15, she is a spitfire. As a sophomore we have been hoping she'd pick up an extracurricular activity at school since she's decided to stop competing as far as her gymnastics. She doesn't want to cheer, which is fine as well.

Mikayla has a group of friends her father and I don't particularly care for and she keeps landing in trouble. Logan had his phase in high school. Olivia was more than a handful her freshman year. Mikayla is clearly going through a roller coaster of her own. Lord, help us because it's something new every day with this girl.

It's another day in the Law household and looks to be another busy week work wise for me. In the past couple of years, Tyler has been home more, consulting, and researching. He hasn't stopped doing surgeries, but his career has become so much more than that.

As for the kids, Logan's in his fourth season and recently renegotiated a long term deal with the Rams so my baby boy will remain in Cali. School for the girls started in August and we're already in October. Let them tell it, the past three months have felt like a lifetime.

Business is still booming for Jamie and I and we have not one, but two locations. One is for adults and one is for kids. The adult one is our main hub  and that's where we work on tours, rent out space to other dancers, etc. Our kid location has an entire separate team running it and it's open year round with tons of activities. We're proud of what we've built.