Little Ones

|Paul's POV|

I woke up the next day to an empty bed. No surprise Stephanie was already awake. Looking at the time, it was past 9am. She must've turned off my alarm.

Sleeping in wasn't something I'd grown accustomed to. I'll take a nap in a heartbeat, but my body just naturally wakes up rather early. My wife always finds a way to take my work phone and get me more hours of sleep after a show. I can't be upset with her for that.

I got up and stretched before heading to get ready for the day. Coming out of the bathroom, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

The door slowly opened.

"Hi grandpa."

There stood Hudson.

"Hey, bud. You just waking up?"

He shook his head.

"No, I had breakfast already."

"What's on your mind, kiddo?"

Hudson was now 8 years old. He loved building with his legos, playing video games. He's becoming more of a trouble maker lately and I don't know if it's peer pressure or growing pains.

"Um, I'm sorry about yesterday."

While I wish I had only had one grandchild running off to deal with, I had four. I wanted to get these spankings out of the way so we can enjoy the rest of our time together.

They're not going to like it, hell I was considering not following through with my original plan. I wouldn't be me if I did that though. Consequences are consequences and just because they're younger doesn't mean they should get a pass. They knew what they did was wrong and now they have to deal with me and a sore bottom.

I sat down on the couch in the room and motioned for him to come sit with me.

"Yesterday you, your sister, and your cousins scared us. What made the four of you run off?"

He shrugged.

"Come on, you have to give me more than that, Hudson."

"We just wanted to go explore. Everyone else gets to do it, but us."

"So you thought it would be a good idea for you being 8 years old to take your 6 year old sister and cousins with you?"

"I'd protect them. I'd never let anything happen to them."

I smiled at his words.

"Hudson, I know you wouldn't intentionally let anything happen to them. You deciding to leave put the four of you in danger. No one knew where you went. You lied to get your way and that's wrong. Come on, let's get this over with."

"Harper, Blake, and Lauren shouldn't be punished. This was all my idea."

"I don't care whose idea it was, you're all getting spanked because you all participated. If they didn't want to be in trouble, they shouldn't have tagged along."

I didn't give him a chance to say anything else as I pulled him over my lap and landed swat after swat on his bottom. This never gets easier, but trust when I say, I always get my point across.

Landing several more swats to Hudson's bottom, these were harder than the others.

"Ow!"

"No more running off. It is unsafe and if something happened to you, we would all be devastated. You know better, Hudson. I don't want to have to do this again, but if you pull another stunt like this, you'll be getting something harder than my hand on your bottom."