Grow Up

|Erica's POV|

I watched as my boyfriend closed the office door. He had a thunderous look on his face. Yeah, I was in trouble.

"Hey, babe," I quietly said.

He put his hands in the pockets of his sweats.

"Hey babe? That's all you have to say?"

I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want me to say, Logan?"

"First off, kill the attitude. You always get off at 4:30 but today of all days you're working late? Do I look dumb?"

"No, but..."

I held up my hand.

"But what? Your dad arrives with his girlfriend and DJ and informs me that you're not coming to dinner because you're supposedly working late."

"Things came up and..."

"And you're full of shit, Erica. Not once did you communicate with me that you weren't showing up. Did you think your dad wouldn't show up to the house at all? You know he wants to see Lo any chance he gets."

"Where's Lauren?"

"At the house with your dad, Ms. Joan, and DJ."

"You left our daughter alone with a stranger?"

Okay I was really pressing his buttons. He was about to say something, but pinched the bridge of his nose instead and took a deep breath.

"Erica, it's time you pack up and come home."

His voice was low. Silent Logan was never a good sign.

"Ok, I'll take an Uber home in about an hour since it's so important my presence is needed for dinner."

I wasn't even paying attention to him anymore. I heard him chuckle and he was mumbling under his breath. Next thing I know he's hauling me out of my seat, slapping my ass and taking my spot in the chair before sitting me on my desk.

"You want to keep playing with me, huh? We talked about this dinner before you left and to my understanding, everything was all clear. You're just meeting the woman, this is someone important to your father. So out of respect for him, put your feelings aside and meet the lady."

"Logan..."

He covered my mouth with his hand.

"As for the slick shit of leaving our daughter with a stranger, you sound dumb. She's at our house with your father and your brother. They wouldn't let anything happen to her and your ass knows it."

He takes his hand off my mouth and stands up, packing up my things.

"I come to pick you up and nobody is here. You're sitting with headphones in and your phone is on Do Not Disturb. What is wrong with you?"

"I just needed to be alone."

"If you needed time to yourself before you came home, communicate that! I gave you a pass the last time you were unreachable. You don't get a second one. Grab whatever else you need and let's go. You might as well let them know you'll be working from home tomorrow. I doubt you'll be able to walk."

I turned to argue and he was right in my face. He was so sexy when he was upset.

"This turns you on, doesn't it?" he said into my ear.

I turned my head away from his.

"I asked you a question, E."

"You know it does," I whispered.