What To Do

|Tyler's POV|

I sat in the living room, silent. My blood was boiling. Could I have yoked Mikayla up for fixing her mouth and saying what she did? Damn right. I had to stop myself. I was too angry to deal with her at the moment.

I've never been so pissed off with any of my children like I am now. Even with Logan and all his stunts when he was this age, this incident with Mikayla takes the cake.

I felt a hand rubbing my back. I closed my eyes, semi-relaxing under my wife's touch.

"How about we try and get some sleep and we can discuss how we'll handle this in the morning," she quietly said.

"She sat here and tried to flip this shit on us, Isabella."

"I know, Ty. What kid doesn't do that to take the heat off them and make sense of their logic?"

"She's talking about me having a gun. I've never brought them around guns. They've never even seen mine let alone know where they are. She just sat there and called us hypocrites. The way she looked at you when she said what she said. I promised myself to never deal with them angry. I almost lost it. She's lucky I caught myself."

"I know."

"How are you so calm right now?"

"Well, one of us has to be. Mikayla knows she's in the wrong. I'm not agreeing that she should deflect and try to turn things around on us. When I was arrested, I hadn't done anything. I went to a party, cops were called in, they saw alcohol and minors and hauled us all in. My dad tore me up for that."

"Knowing pops, can't say I'm surprised."

"I lied and I was deceitful. I snuck out of the house. My dad flying home in the middle of work was never a good thing. I got a double whammy in having both my parents fly home. They were so pissed. Mikayla will have to deal with the consequences of her actions and she should count her lucky stars that you didn't do anything tonight," she stated.

"Damn right she will. "Between her sneaking in and out, her grades are subpar, now this? We haven't even made it to the holidays yet. What the fuck are we doing wrong?"

"Hey, what we're not going to do is blame ourselves. We give both Olivia and Mikayla freedom and opportunity to go out and hang with their friends. They're both old enough to know right from wrong, but as teenagers, they go off the rails. That's where we come in to put them back on track."

"Did you know Olivia had a key to Logan's house?"

She shook her head.

"No, but can't say I'm surprised."

"How do you think we should handle this situation, Izzy?"

"Well in terms of Mikayla, since she likes this Stephen boy, we should sit down and talk to his parents and come to an understanding."

"Fuck no. I don't want her around that boy."

"Tyler, he didn't hold her hostage and put her behind the wheel. Embrace this or fight her on it and watch her be even more sneaky and deceitful. We can set boundaries and expectations and go from there."

"Sounds more like a reward."

"Oh, far from it. If you feel so obliged to spank her for what she did, so be it."

"Alright. What about Livy?"

"I took the key that she had. If you want to question her about what she's been doing, okay, but what will that do? It's already done."

"Mmm. She was there tonight and I want to know with whom."

"Of course you do. Again, we can sort that out in the morning. Will you come to bed now?"