Inked

|Mikayla's POV|

My dad has been in Cali for the past week spending time with Olivia. It's just been me and my mom. Well, I've had school, but afterwards Stephen would pick me up and drop me off at my mom and Aunt J's studio. I help her wrap things up and then we had all our favorite dinners. Sushi one night, Italian another. She baked my favorite cookies.

Stephen joined us a couple times. I'm set on heading to New York next fall and I'm going to miss Texas for sure, especially my parents.

As for my relationship with Stephen? He plans on moving to New York and going to college. His brother wants to expand the business and make Stephen an equal partner, but wants him to study and be ready to take over the new area. It'll be a new beginning for the both of us.

When it comes to a job, I could work with any of my aunts or uncles although my parents are fine with me just focusing on school. Addison plans on coming to New York when she graduates. The goal is for both of us to take over Broadway.

Speaking of Addison, we've been talking about getting matching tattoos for a while. We found a place and today is the day. Our parents think we're staying after school for a play rehearsal. I didn't bother to ask Stephen knowing he'd stop me. Our locations are on and we're not unreachable, we're just not where we said we're going to be. Not the end of the world.

We arrived at the tattoo shop. It's all females and  the owner is bad ass. Addy and I did our research before making this decision. We're both getting butterflies. See, nothing crazy. The butterflies signify hope and new beginnings. That's literally the direction our lives are headed.

The tattoo didn't take long to get. We got them on our fists. The detail was what made it not just your average tattoo. It took us two hours to get these done. The butterfly had so many intricate layers. They were beautiful. I also got a finger tattoo and my initials. The finger tattoo hurt in comparison to the other two.

Addison got a music note on her other wrist and even got her belly button pierced. I had been wanting a nose ring, but my mom told me no and I'd regret it.

We took an Uber back to my house although I told my mom Stephen would drop us off. Again, the less people that know, the better. To my surprise, we walked in and heard voices.

"We can leave now and act like we were never here and go to my house," Addison whispered.

I then heard my dad's voice. Fuck. I thought he wasn't coming back until this weekend.

"Hey, girls," dad greeted, coming into view.

"Hi, daddy."

"Hey, Uncle Ty."

"Ty, come get your ass kicked. I have money to blow and..."

Uncle Brandon stopped short when he saw us, smiling.

"Two of my favorite girls. How was school?"

"It was fine. You know, same old, same old," Addison replied.

Dad looked over at Uncle Brandon. Where are our mothers?

"Uh, we're going to go do our homework in my room," I commented.

We didn't even reach the first stair when I heard my dad speak.

"What happened to your finger?"

I looked down and saw the clear plastic was still surrounding my finger. I just had to put my hand on the banister. How could he see that anyways?

"Huh?"

"Your finger has a clear wrap around it. What happened?"

"Nothing, dad."