Daddy's Girl

|Bianca's POV|

Today, I was heading back home to Texas. It was Spring break and my friends wanted to do something, but I declined. They were surprised because I'm always down for a party, but I wasn't in the mood. Olivia told me she would be in Texas working and I would be lying if I said I wasn't homesick. This would also be a great time to spend some one on one time with my dad.

Even with me not speaking, I still got a message from him daily. First it was texts, but recently he started leaving voice messages. I still felt a sense of comfort hearing his voice. It's all stupid really why I've decided not to talk to him. First it was just while I was still home, then it continued when I got back to Florida. It's been two weeks and I haven't had the balls to apologize for my behavior.

My mom picked me up from the airport and we went out for breakfast before she had to head to the studio.

"How was your flight?" she asked as we waited for our food.

I shrugged.

"It was fine. Happy to be home."

She smiled.

"Always happy to have you home."

She stared at me, studying my eyes. I hated when she did that. She was always able to see right through me. I don't know how she did it, but she never missed. She called it being my mom and knowing me like the back of her hand.

We thanked the waiter as he set our food on the table. We ate in silence before my mom finally set her fork down.

"What's going on, BB?"

"Nothing, mom."

She shook her head.

"I can always tell when something is going on. There's something bigger than what happened at the birthday party with your dad. He didn't want me to say anything and wanted to give you space to come to him. I just... I know how close the two of you are and there just has to be more to what made you ignore him the way you have been. There has to be. Talk to me."

I took a few more bites of my food. I don't know why because with each bite I felt this sickening feeling in my stomach. I felt my mom touch my hand, pleading with her eyes for me to say whatever was bothering me.

"I want to come home."

She looked surprised that I said that.

"You want to come home?"

"Yeah."

"Home as in you're done with college? You want to transfer?"

"I'd rather do college in Texas."

She squeezed my hand.

"Whatever you want to do, we support you."

"You're not disappointed?"

"Not at all. You tried something out, you didn't like it, and you want to come back home. Nothing disappointing about that. When I graduated high school, I had just lost my parents and I moved to Texas for college. By the end of my freshman year, I decided college wasn't for me, but I stayed in Texas. I had also started dating your dad and didn't want a long distance relationship. Still, he wasn't the only reason I stayed. I just felt more grounded and centered and it felt like home."

I nodded, totally understanding what she was saying.

"I just feel like I'm letting everyone down. Like I'm spiraling and don't know what direction is next."

"Oh, baby. You just turned 19. You don't have to have everything figured out right now. If you want to transfer schools and still study physical therapy and become a doctor, we can talk to your Uncle Ty. You know he can direct you with that. If you want to do something else, but need time to figure it out, that's okay, too."