Mom Life

|Izzy's POV|

Ty and I were laying in bed when his phone chimed. He reached over, grabbing it.

"Brandon is on his way with Olivia. I'll send her up. I'm going to get some paperwork done," he said, getting up.

"Okay," I whispered.

He looked at me.

"What's wrong?"

I sighed.

"I know this recovery is slow, but I still feel distant from everyone. Some things I just don't have the energy to do. Olivia just turned 18 and is ready to take this world by storm. Logan is about to start another season, but now he has a daughter. We're grandparents. Mikayla is in a world of her own. For the first time since becoming a parent, I feel disconnected. Physically there's things I can't and I'm still recovering. I have to remember to give myself grace, but...

I felt myself getting all worked up and emotional. Damn it. He came to my side of the bed, sitting next to me.

"Babe, it's only been a couple of months. You have to give yourself time. I told you this would be an uphill battle. You're making progress quicker than what was expected. Your body is still healing though so, however long that takes, so be it."

"I just miss being able to just get up and go," I quietly said.

"I know you do. Give it some time. It won't be like this forever."

I nodded.

"I'm just so used to bouncing back."

"I get that, but this was a serious surgery, Izzy. Don't beat yourself up about it. Like I keep telling you, one day at a time. Sure, some days are better than others, but you keep fighting to get where you want to be. You'll get there. As for you feeling disconnected from the kids, an easy solution to that, plan something."

I nodded and smiled.

"You always know what to say. What would I do without you?"

I leaned in, kissing his lips.

"No, what would I do without you? I'll be back in a bit."

He pecked my lips before heading downstairs. I laid down, closing my eyes. I heard footsteps and figured it was Olivia. Hearing her bedroom door close, I'm sure she went to shower and change. Another half hour passed before there was a knock on the door and it slowly creaked open.

"Hi, mommy."

"Hey, sweetheart. You can come in."

She came to my side of the bed.

"How was the audition?"

"It went well."

"Mmm. Where was it?"

"Dallas."

I gave her a side eye.

"Really, Olivia? You left Houston to go to Dallas and made yourself unreachable on top of that?"

"I know, I know. That was dumb."

"Forget being dumb, that was unsafe. Why did you feel like you couldn't come to us?"

She shrugged.

"Come on, don't give me that, Olivia. Talk to me."

"I just...  I wanted to do this on my own."

"Having us know what your plans are doesn't stop that. We support the career you chose. We support you not wanting to go to college at the moment. You're getting older and I know you want your independence. I was in your shoes before. Just a tip, you can still do what you want and keep us in the loop. You get what I'm saying?"