Off My Radar

|Rory's POV|

"I'm not fighting with you about this, Aurora."

I sat on our bed in my robe watching my husband get dressed for the day. For the past week, my husband and I have been going back and forth about one of my employees that he wasn't a fan of.

I was going to Canada for a campaign shoot with my team, one of which was named Dex. Dex was great at what he did and has been on my team for nearly a year now. Bash couldn't stand him as not only have we been spending a lot of time together, but Dex was a flirt.

"This isn't a fight. I told you what I plan on doing and you just need to deal with it."

He could be so bossy at times that it infuriated me. Stepping out of his closet, he fixed me with a hard glare. Let me try and focus. He was currently half dressed. He was visiting a few sites today so he wasn't going to be in a suit behind a desk. He had on worn jeans. I know he'd be throwing on a t-shirt, bomber jacket and a hat of some sort, plus his construction boots. Dressed up or dressed down, my husband always made me melt.

My husband.

It's crazy after all these years I'd expect him to be any less than the overprotective man that he is.

"Aurora!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and locked eyes with Bash. I could see the anger in his eyes.

"What, Sebastian?"

"Stop drooling and listen to what I'm saying to you."

"No one is drooling over you," I mumbled, getting up and going to my closet.

His arms quickly wrapped around me before spinning me towards him. He lifted my chin, holding me in place.

"When it comes to your career, I never say anything, not a peep. I don't want you traveling alone with another man. This is not me being insecure. I just don't trust the guy. I don't even know why he's still your employee to begin with. I'm readjusting my schedule and going with you."

I've turned down every single one of his advances and I'm honestly not phased by it. I'm a married woman. In Bash's mind, Dex is too comfortable. I talked to my sisters about it and they agreed with Bash. I didn't bother to ask my brothers. They're just as overprotective as my husband is so of course they'd take his side. I'm not winning this fight, but I have a job to do and Sebastian needs to get on board.

"Sebastian, traveling with Dex won't be the first time. This is a huge deal with Nike that I have and I need the best of the best with me. He's flying out with me and then the rest of the team will be in after a couple days."

I saw his jaw clench.

"Add me to your travel arrangements because I'm going with you."

"Bash..."

"Is there an issue with me coming with you? We've gone on work trips with each other before. What's the problem now? You hiding something from me?"

He can't be serious.

"Sebastian, don't ever question if I'm cheating on you. I would never. Would you?"

He looked at me in disgust.

"Fuck no."

"Then don't come at me like that. I'm going to be gone for over a week. You have to work, plus we still have two kids here. We can't leave them with your parents, they're out of town."

"Don't worry about that. I already talked to Leo and Meghan, they're more than happy to keep Juju and Soph while we're gone. The kids are cool with going. You think I'd book a flight without the kids being taken care of?"