5 Going on 15

\|Logan's POV|

Well, this season didn't pan out the way that I wanted. I ruptured my Achilles, the same ankle I sustained a sprain on two years ago during the Super Bowl. I was devastated because an injury like this could be the end of my career. I don't know when I'm going to get back on the field. I don't know how this affects my spot in LA. We're literally a dream team and were clicking on all cylinders. This is a major blow to say the least.

The ankle injury was in October, right after Erica's birthday. I went into surgery a few days later. It's now November. I've been to all the team meetings, hoping to help in any way I can. I'm also there on the sidelines for home games and support the team however I can, but . I also have a pregnant fiancé and a wedding to plan. If this is God's gift to me to be fully present to experience this, then so be it.

Patrick is out temporarily with calf strain and Teo has a dislocated shoulder. Both should be able to return this season, Pat more-so than Teo. Teo had injured his shoulder before and opted not to get surgery. This time around, I know he was highly considering it.

My parents flew in for my surgery. Olivia was over quite a bit as well, that was until Patrick got hurt and she was bouncing back and forth. I wanted Erica to take it easy, but she was doing all the things despite her pregnancy. She coordinated all things for Lo, had a jam packed work schedule, dates with Lo, dates with me, family time. I don't know how she managed to do it all, but she did. I expected her to be exhausted, but she was glowing.

It'll be the first time in a while that I'm going to be able to spend Thanksgiving with all my family. Plus it was going to be in Florida so we didn't need to get hotels since there was a family home there plus Uncle Zach and Aunt Kylie plus Aunt Vaughn and Uncle Ash had plenty of space.

Lauren left a few days early with my parents. That gave Erica and I some alone time before we headed to Florida. Erica worked most of that time and I was pretty much home alone. Thankfully she'll be taking a break for the week and her maternity leave in March couldn't come soon enough.

With surgery a month ago, I wasn't on crutches, but I did have to wear a boot. Doc says I'm recovering well and at the 12 week mark will evaluate me getting back to training.

"Babe! Our driver is here!" I yelled up the stairs.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Let me just grab my bags."

If I could run up the stairs to stop her, I would. Erica knows she shouldn't be lifting, but I swear with me being injured, she just does the opposite.

"Erica, don't lift that suitcase. I'll get it."

I started making my way up the stairs and she rolled her eyes.

"You know, you're supposed to be resting. I can lift a suitcase."

"No lifting, Erica. As for me resting, I'll rest on the jet; elevation and all that. My grandparents already have a suite for us at the stadium, so we'll be watching Survivor Series from the skybox. I mean you can stay backstage if you want as well. We're staying at Aunt V and Uncle Ash's house and he has recliners and they have a guest room on the main floor. Look at that."

I took the suitcase from her.

"You just always have it figured out?" she commented as I went back down the stairs.

I didn't bother to turn around.

"Not always, but most of the time, yup."

I opened the door and our driver came over to take our bags. Erica was officially out of the first trimester, just over 12 weeks and starting to show. We were still debating on whether we wanted to find out the gender, but we still had time to make a decision.