Back to Business

|Vaughn's POV|

I laid in bed with my 4 year old, Blake on one side and my 2 year old, Hunter on the other. Asher was on the road and I was home with the kids. He would be home later, but back on the road within a week.

I was now 33 years old and knew in my heart, my career wasn't over just yet. Asher (35) and I had thought of adding one more to our family of 4 within the next few years. Having two boys, I loved being a boy mom, but of course I'd love a little girl. If we're blessed with one more, as long as the baby is healthy, that's all that truly matters.

As for my WWE career, I made a return a year after having Blake. We brought him on the road. I enjoyed being back, but most importantly helping with the new rookies down in NXT. My return was short lived as I got pregnant with baby #2, but the WWE Universe was excited and I told them when I came back, it would be the run of a lifetime.

I wanted to make a comeback on my terms as I truly missed competing. There's nothing like being in front of a crowd of tens of thousands of people. Whether they're cheering or booing, you literally have them in the palm of your hand.

That leads me to where I am today. I have been working my ass off, biding my time. I've made appearances here and there, but haven't been in the ring on TV in over 2 years. It was time. This time around, this would be my last run. I was ready to hang up my boots. I've done all that I've wanted in WWE. I would love to become women's champ again, if the storyline is right.

We planned on bringing the kids on the road with us and when we had to go overseas, they'd stay with our parents or one of us just simply wouldn't go. Being that they're not in school, just daycare, we feel like now is the time. It's been a goal of ours to travel with both our kids and this is the perfect opportunity.

"Mommy..."

Looking over I smiled as Blake snuggled closer to me.

"Hi, my baby. How are you feeling?"

"Hungry."

I laughed. Blake was definitely a foodie like me.

"Alright, come on. Let's go get you some breakfast before your brother wakes up."

I looked at the clock. It was just after 7am. I led him to the bathroom and I grabbed the monitor before we headed downstairs. I was just about done making breakfast when I heard the front door open and close. I gasped.

"Blakey, I think someone came home early."

He jumped out of his chair, taking off to the entryway.

"Daddy!" I heard him yell out.

I didn't tell the boys that Asher was coming home today. I wanted it to be a surprise. I watched as my husband entered the kitchen, holding our oldest. He came over to me, pulling me to him and kissing me.

"Hey, babe."

"Hey, handsome. Welcome home. How was your flight?"

"Not too bad. Happy to be home. Hunter still sleeping?"

I nodded. He sat down with Blake on his lap as I made both of them a plate. I heard fussing coming from the monitor.

"That would be Hunter. I'll be right back."

Heading upstairs, Hunter was sitting up on the bed. I went and laid next to him as he crawled on my chest. I rubbed circles on his back.

"Your pull up is full. Let's get you changed and then we'll go have breakfast. There's a surprise for you downstairs."

His head popped up as I said that and he quickly moved to see what his surprise could be.

"Wait, potty first then surprise."