Bruised

|Kylie's POV|

It's been a whirlwind of a few days. I hit my head hard enough on the floor to get a concussion. My father was arrested. My mother said she feels torn. McKenzie and Dylan have been with the kids. Bash and Ro flew in. We both could use our best friends right now. Then there's Zach who hasn't left my side.

Zach called Tyler to make sure nothing more than a concussion was going on with my head. Surprisingly Tyler had more connections than I though and knew the doctors here in Florida very well. I stayed in the hospital two nights for extra testing. Thankfully, everything came back clear. We haven't talked to the kids yet, but they're not dumb.

One thing about Zachary, he's not a quiet person. He speaks his mind, no holds barred. Over the years, especially since becoming a father, he's gotten much calmer. From the look that hasn't left his face, I know my father woke the bear.

I was laying in bed. Zach was next to me. The kids went out to eat with Bash and Rory who would be leaving tomorrow. McKenzie and Dylan were situating things with my mom.

"Zach..."

"Yeah, babe."

I turned in the bed and looked at him.

"Talk to me," I whispered.

"Nothing to talk about, Kylie."

"Yes, there is. You haven't been talking much since everything happened."

"What do you want me to say? I watched your father push you down a flight of stairs. Doctor said he could have cracked your skull. My first instinct was to go for blood, but I didn't. I had to make sure above all else that you were good. You're the priority, not your father. Charging at him would have me in a cell right along with him right now."

I grabbed his hand.

"I know and hate that I'm the reason you were put in that position."

"This isn't on you Kylie. Your father is a grown ass man that chose to put his hands on you. We're pressing charges and getting a restraining order. I don't care how your mom feels about it or McKenzie. He put his hands on you, Kylie. I've been staying out of the drama. I've been supporting you. Now? I'm not sitting back. I can't. I could've beat the fuck out your dad, but I've never been known to put my hands on senior citizens."

"I know you wouldn't touch him, Zachary. I just... I hate seeing you like this."

He looked over at me.

"You hate seeing me like this? What does that mean?"

"You're angry.  You're restless. Tell me, have you really slept since this happened?"

"I'll sleep once this is situated. You know why I didn't kick his ass? He's your father. He's our kids' grandfather. Regardless of him fucking your mom over, that's still her husband. He wanted me to touch him so he could have a counter suit. He touched you, not me. I would do anything to defend you and protect you. I dropped the ball letting him even get that close to you. That won't happen again. He's not welcome in this home. His shit is getting packed up at your mom's as we speak. I can't control what your sister and your mother do. You and the kids? That's the focus for me. He's not to be around them. Now, if you really want to see me lose my shit, have someone cross that line."

I climbed on top of him, now straddling his lap.

"Chill out, Kylie."

"Look at me, Zachary."

We stared into each other's eyes. I hate that this situation was tormenting him like this.

"I'm right here, okay. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. Our kids are good. We're protected."