A Mother's Comfort

|Stephanie's POV|

I sat next to the bed listening to the monitor beep as my eldest daughter laid there in the hospital bed. Getting the call from Tyler about Izzy being rushed to the hospital and put in a medically induced coma was frightening to say the least.

Paul and I rushed to Texas and came straight to the hospital. We needed to not only be here just for Isabella, but for Tyler as well. I can't even explain how I felt coming in and seeing my daughter clinging to life.

It was a rough night. Paul was in the waiting room with Jamie who refused to leave. I stayed with Tyler. I was in and out of sleep. Looking at my son's eyes, he hadn't slept. It took some convincing to even get him to eat something this morning and not live off coffee.he remained at her bedside, not leaving unless it was to speak with the doctors.

Tyler is in a world of his own. He's blaming himself saying he should've seen the signs and brought her in sooner. He's taking this harder than all of us, if I'm being honest. I know guilt is burdening him.

Our family has taken turns coming in and visiting. They would be taking Izzy into surgery soon to remove the tumor. All we could do was wait and pray. As eerie as this all was, I had faith my daughter would come out of this stronger than ever.

I heard the door slide open.

"Dad. Grandma...."

Hearing Logan's voice instantly got Tyler's attention. He let Izzy's hand go and got up, pulling Logan into a hug.

"Hey, son. Was your flight okay?" Tyler commented.

Logan nodded.

"How's mom? Any update?"

Tyler glanced back.

"She'll be going into surgery soon and then we'll go from there."

"If you knew something, you'd tell me, right?"

"Any updates I get, so will you."

He gave him another hug and went back to Izzy's bedside. I watched him kiss her forehead. He then took ice chips and a rag and rubbed it on her lips to prevent them from becoming chapped.

"Logan is here, babe. Our baby boy is home. I know you'll give him the biggest hug once you wake up. You're going into surgery soon and then it'll be time for you to wake up after. You have to wake up, babe. I can't live without you. None of us can."

My heart broke listening to his words. His eyes were puffy and glassy from the moment Paul and I got here. Watching him weep, as a parent, I wish I could take his pain away.

"Hi, grandma," Logan quietly said, turning his attention to me.

I stood, embracing him.

"Hi, sweetheart."

He looked over at his mom. I stood back so he could take my spot. Tyler was whispering to her.

"Dad, you should take a break," Logan softly suggested.

"I'm fine, son. My place is right here with your mom. Did you get a chance to see your sisters yet?"

He quickly changed the subject, giving Logan a half smile and wiping his falling tears.

"I saw them when I got here. They need you, dad. You should all go home and be with them for a while. Shower, get some food. Mom will be here when you get back. You told me to always have faith. I have faith she's going to fully recover and be back to her usual self once she wakes up."

"That's what we hope for," Tyler whispered.

"I know, dad. Olivia and Mikayla need you right now. I know as a doctor you're...