Falling For You

|Olivia's POV|

A month later

Talk about having the time of my life. This past year alone I've been on tour, performed at the Super Bowl, and started choreographing/teaching all while pursuing my law degree.

I also recently celebrated my 19th birthday and went to Tulum with Ava and Bianca. Our dads weren't huge fans of us going out of the country alone and it took a lot of convincing. I mean, we were going regardless, but we've been respectful of their feelings and them adjusting to us growing up.

There's been so much more in between and I've been sharing my journey on social media. When I tell you the comments are funny to me at this point, they're hilarious.

Of course there's the people that think these opportunities were handed to me. Then there's those that tell me I'm wasting my time when I'll just end up living off my inheritance. Oh, one of my favorites is being called an "entitled bitch" taking spots in college and in the dance community away from others. The rude comments that I see, I block. Sometimes I'm petty and I respond. My parents told me to be careful and not let people get under my skin, but trust me, that's the least of my worries.

We are now in May and I'm finally taking a breather, from dancing at least. Finals have officially started and I need to buckle down for the next couple of weeks. What better place to do that than back home in Texas. Plus, I have Uncle Brandon to help me. A few classes have tests and the others are research papers. Uncle Brandon's knowledge has been so helpful to me through all of this. I can't thank him enough.

In between my crazy schedule, I've been spending a lot of time with Patrick as well. Patrick is now 22. He is one of the most thoughtful people I've ever met. Even though we've been dating for a few months now, I wasn't sure if I was ready to get into a relationship. Even though I'm in the middle of finals, he asked me out on another date. I told him I was in Texas studying and he said he'd fly in and meet me. Well, then.

I was getting ready for the night when there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Come in."

The door slowly opened and it was my dad.

"Hey, princess."

"Hi, dad. What's up?"

He raised his brow.

"I should be asking you that. Where are you headed?"

"Oh, I'm going on a date with Patrick."

He smirked and leaned against the doorframe.

"Patrick? As in Logan's teammate Patrick?"

"Yeah, him. We've gone out quite a bit since Lo's birthday party."

"So..."

"We're just dating and if it's ever more than that, I'll let you know."

"That's it?"

I laughed.

"Okay, what do you want to know, dad?"

"How do you like him for starters?"

"He's a really nice guy. Okay, maybe more than nice. I feel comfortable around him. Safe even. He makes me laugh. I've dated here and there since going to Cali, but being around Patrick is different. He's so genuine and true to himself."

"So, what's the problem?"

"Problem?"

He leaned against the doorframe.

"From everything you explained, it's like you're waiting for the shoe to drop or something."

I shrugged.