First Time for Everything

|Izzy's POV|

I was watching the kids play in the backyard. It was a peaceful Sunday and I loved it when all the family was in town. I know in June we'd be heading to Jersey for the twins' birthday and next year we'd be celebrating both Mikayla and Zoe. Crazy how all the kids are growing up so fast. Felt like a lapse after Logan graduated, but here we are.

"Hey, big sis."

I looked up to see Zach standing there.

"Hey, Zachy."

He took a seat next to me. I know a lot has been going on with him and as usual, he seems to have it all figured out.

"You okay?" I asked.

He nodded.

"I'm cool. Yeah, there's a lot of moving parts right now, but we're good."

"How are the kids?"

"They're taking this better than I expected. Well, the oldest are; Zoe and Noah. Eli loves his grandfather. They've spent a lot of time together so the hardest adjustment has been on him. Kylie and I have been spending more time with him together and separately to try and fill that void, but..."

"I can't imagine how hard it must be for him."

"Yeah, it's been a tough adjustment. I don't know how long this is going to go on for, but I know I made the right decision in protecting my family. I'm thankful the kids have been rallying behind Eli and spending more time with him as well. Bails is even more protective of him and wants all the smoke."

We shared a laugh.

"My baby, Bailey. She's a lot like you."

"Smart ass comments, ready for war, yes. We go back and forth all the time."

We saw one of the kids running over. Looking closer, it was Eli. He had a panicked look on his face. Oh Lord.

"Dad! Aunt Izzy! I-I can't find Lauren. S-she was just right there with Harper and n-now she's gone. I swear I just turned my back for one second to talk to Hunter and s-she's gone."

Both Zach and I jumped up. My granddaughter had been running off far too much for my liking. Just earlier she ran off in the store damn near giving me a heart attack. I know she's around here somewhere.

"Calm down, Eli. Lauren has a bad habit of taking off. Auntie will handle it, okay?"

I kissed his forehead and he nodded.

"I'll search the front," Zach stated.

"Dad..."

"It's okay, bud. We're gonna find her. Too much family around for her to have wandered off too far. It's okay. You did good in coming to tell us."

Zach pulled his youngest into a hug. My 10 year old

"I'll go check inside."

I went inside the house. Ty and his brothers, plus Brandon and Bash were in the kitchen. Ty saw from the look on my face that I was pissed.

"Babe..."

"Have you seen, Lauren?" I quickly asked.

He sighed.

"No. Don't tell me..."

"She ran off again, yes. Don't worry, when I get my hands on her I'll get my message across loud and clear since she doesn't want to follow directions."

Next thing I hear is screaming and crying coming from outside near the front. Ty followed me. Opening the front door, I quickly noticed this is where the teenagers had gone off to. Near the sidewalk, there stood Zach and Lauren. I let out a sigh of relief. He looked our way. Out of my peripheral, I saw my husband heading straight towards them. Yup, he's upset.