Keep Her Calm

|Logan's POV|

As Lauren and Erica went upstairs, this was my time to wind down. Even though I wasn't on the field, I still had a pretty busy schedule. Of course I had to make sure that my daughter and fiancée were taken care of. Plus, I had physical therapy, strength training, my podcast with Teo and brand deals on the table. I was never not working, I was just able to be home with E and spend more time with her and Lo.

I was sitting playing the game when my dad called.

Hey dad.

Logan, where are you? Where's Erica?

His voice was serious and had an underlying sense of urgency. Something was up.

We're both home. She's upstairs with Lo. Dad, whats going on?

Dave just got brought in. He had a heart attack.

Wait, what?

They were able to stabilize him. Joan is here and she's a wreck. DJ had practice. I sent your Uncle Brandon to go and pick him up and bring him here. Your mother is on her way here. You and Erica need to get to Texas.

Dad...

I know this is unexpected, but Erica is his next of kin and needs to get here. The doctors were going to contact her directly, but I told them I would call you and have you break the news to her.

Be real with me dad, is he going to be alright? What's the damage?

I'm waiting to hear the full scope from the team working on him, but he's going to be in ICU for a while to recover. I haven't really gotten a chance to talk to Joan. I just happened to be on call and they know the connection I have to Dave and that's when I was informed. That's all I have for you.

Damn.

I'm sorry to drop this info on you. The sooner you guys get here, the better. Come straight to the hospital and then you guys can hang in the suite. I know it's going to be a mission to drag Erica away from here. I'll do my best to make her as comfortable as possible. Already called in for a Jet to get you guys here. Give it a couple hours.

Thanks, dad.

It goes without saying, she's going to need you more than ever right now.

I know. If she calls, don't answer. Tell mom and DJ the same thing. I hate to do this to her, but I don't need her to work herself up more than she already is.

I'll relay the message. Love you, son. See you soon.

Love you, too.

I stood there, stuck. How the hell was I supposed to tell this to Erica? The last thing she needed was stress. Things had been smooth sailing with this pregnancy and now this? Her dad had a heart attack. This is going to devastate her and right now, I have to do all I can to keep her calm.

Lauren still has school, but I could call Teo and ask that he and Amanda come over and stay with her. He answered after a couple of rings.

What's up bro?

Matteo, are you and Amanda busy tonight? Hell, the next few days even?

What's going on? Everything alright?

E's dad had a heart attack. We need to get to Texas.

We're on our way.

He didn't say anything else as the call ended. I went to the kitchen to put in the lasagna. Erica still needed to eat even though she would fight me on it. Another 15 minutes passed when the doorbell rang. Looking at the camera, I saw it was Teo. I opened the door letting him and Amanda in, both giving me a hug.