21

|Olivia's POV|

There's been a lot happening, a lot that my family doesn't even know about. I don't talk about my relationship with Patrick much. As of right now, we're on a "break." His choice, not mine. We've been on a break the past few months. It was right before his injury actually. No holidays together. His reasoning was that there were some familial issues to take care of and football. What the hell was our relationship, a distraction?

I was upset, for sure. I haven't dated anyone else in the meantime. I've been solely focused on school. This is why I didn't want to get into a relationship in the first place, to avoid this. I don't know what he's doing. He's been reaching out, but I've been pretty cold towards him. You don't push people away when you go through shit. We're in a relationship, you work through it.

My 21st birthday is here and my cousins have decided to throw me a party. We were going to go away, but schedules right now are all over the place, so a party it is. It's not a huge extravaganza like you would expect in this family. My parents are helping Logan and Erica as much as they can. Between E's pregnancy and Mr. Dave recovering from his heart attack, they've been pretty busy.

Mikayla will be coming to town from New York for my party, along with Stephen. Zoe is coming from Michigan. Uncle Brandon and Aunt Jamie agreed to let Addison come as well, but she has a curfew. They were telling her 11pm, but Aunt J got Uncle Brandon to agree to 1am. No alcohol, no smoking. She just wants to be in the mix. I get it.

Getting up for the day, I saw that my phone had been flooded with text messages of birthday wishes. Checking my social media, it was the same thing. I posted a picture on my feed as I had birthday photos taken and shared it to my IG story as well. Jumping over to Tik Tok, I posted a quick video I had edited and then set my phone down.

I was hoping I'd get a message from Patrick. I mean, regardless, he wouldn't have forgotten my birthday. Well, at least I was hoping so. I got up and went to get ready for the day. I had just finished getting dressed when there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Come in."

The door opened and it was my parents with gifts, a stack of donuts with candles and balloons.

"Happy birthday dear Olivia. Happy birthday to you," they sang.

"Make a wish, princess," my dad quietly said.

I closed my eyes and made a wish, blowing out the 21 candles.

"Thank you."

He sat the donuts on my night stand and handed me a Cartier bag.

"Only the best for you," he stated.

"Thanks, dad."

I unwrapped the gifts to see they got me a ring and a bracelet, both engraved with my birthday.

"You guys didn't have to get me anything," I said.

My mom laughed.

"Do you not know who we are? You'll always be showered with gifts from us. Jeez, you've been hanging around Logan too much. Come on. There's more gifts downstairs. What time is your party tonight?"

"Um, I'm supposed to be ready by 8. That's all I know."

"Great. Spa day? Your sister is over at Stephen's, but she said she'd join us. Plus your Aunt Jamie and Addison, Bianca, and Ava. It'll be like old times."

"I'd love that."

"Great. I reserved it an hour from now so that's enough time to open your gifts or..."

"Izzy..."

She turned to my dad.

"Let her breathe, babe."