In My Hands

|Paul's POV|

I looked at my eldest grandson. Hearing he put a tracking device in her shoes was surprising, but Lauren was a runner so I understood.

"When did you put a tracker in her shoes?" I quizzed.

"When she started school. I wanted to homeschool her for a year because her running off the way she does scares the shit out of me. Erica made me realize that it didn't matter whether she was having one on one attention or not, she'd still do it. So, I put one in her backpack and her most frequently worn shoes. There's even one in her favorite teddy bear. Call me crazy, but look what happened. Glad I took all the precautions," he stated.

He stood up and pulled out his phone.

Hey, Liv. Did you get my text? Okay. Uh huh. Oh, Thank God. They're all together? Okay. Stay there. I'll grab a cart and make my way over there. Okay.

"Liv found them. They're good."

The door bust open. It was Asher and Vaughn.

"Last minute press before I got alerted the kids went AWOL. They okay?" Vaughn asked, semi out of breath.

"They're fine. We just located them. Well, Logan did. He had a tracking device in Lauren's shoes."

They both looked at him. I saw the smirk on Asher's face.

"That's genius actually. Glad they're okay, for now. Blake and I will have a convo later on," he stated.

"I'll be having a conversation of my own with them," I muttered.

I heard Zach let out a whistle.

"I've been on the receiving end of that glare far too many times. They're gonna get it," he stated.

"Shit, he still scares me with that look," Izzy chimed in.

Looking down at my watch, we were still an hour out from the show, but I needed to handle this quickly. I alerted security that the situation was handled and thank you.

"I'll see you guys after the show. You know my rules with backstage misbehavior. Hudson, Harper, Blake and Lauren are about to have an unfriendly reminder. I know you'll handle them your way, but I'm handling my way as well. Any problem with that?"

They shook their heads.

"Love you all. FYI, they're not allowed ringside tonight. That's a part of their punishment. They'll be in the skybox with you all. You might as well head there now before it gets more chaotic than it already is. Enjoy the show."

Stepping out of the locker room, A cart was waiting. It's the easiest and quickest way to get around backstage. I got on, along with Logan and Steph heading to the direction of my lost and found grandkids. Thankfully they were just a few feet away. I let out another sigh of relief once I saw them. I saw Lauren giving her aunt a hard time.

"Let me go!" Lauren yelled.

"You need to calm down, Lauren. I'm not letting you go. I'm never letting your hand go again when we go anywhere."

Lauren glared at her aunt who gave her a look right back.

"Let go of my hand!"

This time she screeched and got some looks from those in the vicinity.

"Lauren Vivian! Enough!" Logan called out.

I watched as Lauren instantly put her head down hearing her fathers voice.

Logan went over to her and said something in her ear before swatting her bottom.

She tried to hide behind Olivia, but she just pushed her back in the direction of her father.