What I Want

|Olivia's POV|

During my mom's recovery, I've been spending a lot of time at Uncle Brandon and Aunt Jamie's. With less than two months left of school, I wanted to secure something for me to do this Summer and being in Texas wasn't the plan. There was an audition in Dallas. What's skipping one day of school going to really do?

I didn't bother to ask my dad, he's busy with mom. He doesn't want mom being stressed out with anything and said to ask him directly if we needed anything. Now throw in the fact that Logan has a daughter. All these changes could work in my favor and I just do what I want. I mean, I kind of found out about this audition last minute, so I just handled it myself.

Bianca decided to come with me to my audition so I wouldn't be alone. I told her that I didn't need her skipping school and getting in trouble with me, but she said she didn't care. Ava said she'd cover for us.

This was risky being that we lived in Houston and the audition was in Dallas. Bianca had spent the night at my house and we left before either of my parents had woken up. Getting to the airport, I looked at Bianca.

"You sure you want to do this?" I questioned.

She rolled her eyes.

"For the millionth time, yes. Relax."

I turned off my location and put my phone on Do Not Disturb as she did the same. This could end very badly for the both of us, but I wanted to get to this audition with no interruptions. We took the 6am flight and landed in Dallas around 8am. Auditions would be from 10am to 4pm and then we'd be back on a 6pm flight and getting home around 9pm. Again, that was the plan.

The auditions went great. I was very positive about the outcome in getting a callback. I knew if I did, I'd have to eventually tell my parents. Once we landed, I took my phone off DND and put my location back on. I saw missed texts from my parents, my aunt and uncle, plus my brother. Oh gosh. We walked out, waiting for an Uber when Bianca's phone started ringing.

"Fuck," she whispered.

Looking at her phone, it was Uncle Brandon.

Hello. Uh, hey dad. Huh? Just hanging out today. We lost track of time. Oh, really? Didn't even notice. We're on our way home now. Okay, love you, too.

She looked at me.

"He asked where we were and why our locations were off."

"Oh."

"He knows. He was too calm not to know," she mumbled.

Our Uber arrived and it took another 20 minutes before we got to Uncle Brandon and Aunt Jamie's. As soon as Bianca opened the door, Aunt Jamie was coming down the stairs. She didn't look upset, so that was a good sign.

"Hey, girls."

"Hey, mom," Bianca greeted.

"Hey Aunt J."

Uncle Brandon soon made his presence known.

"You two, living room, now."

His voice was low, yet stern. Oh, he for sure knew and from the tone of his voice, he wasn't playing around. We both sat our bags down and went and did as he said. Aunt Jamie took a seat next to him as we sat on the couch across from them.

"Where were the two of you today?" he asked.

"Where do we go every day, dad?" Bianca countered.

He nodded.

"You want to go down this road? You can counter question me all you want, just remember who taught you that skill. So, I'll ask again, where were the two of you today?"