Clarity

|Logan's POV|

After having dinner with my parents and sisters, Lauren went off with her aunts while I headed to the living room with my mom and dad. My ankle was still stiff. I sat down and my dad gently lifted my keg, propping a pillow underneath it. My mom came in moments later it's an ice pack, handing it to my father, who placed it on top.

"You've been on go since the Super Bowl, Logan. You have to rest up."

"I will, dad."

He shook his head.

"When?"

I groaned, throwing my head back on the couch.

"Dad, I can handle this."

He sat next to me.

"I know you can handle it, but don't start ignoring your body now. Are you taking any painkillers?"

"No. There's a specialist referred to me out here from one of the coaches in Dallas. I'll have it taped up tomorrow for the party. This week even with press it was rest, ice, compression, evaluation, dad. I promise you I'm not ignoring this."

He nodded.

Alright. Just want to make sure."

"I appreciate it, dad."

"When are you going back to Cali?"

"We'll be flying back and forth for the next few months. I'll rehab during the week while Lo is in preschool then we'll be back out here for long weekends. My schedule right now is Tuesday through Thursday for work. Then the rest of the time we'll be here. I won't be starting that until March though. After this, E is going to New York for work. I'm going to take Lo out there for long weekends."

My mom smiled.

"You two work so well together when it comes to your schedules and Lauren."

"We try our best. We're both on the same page of the focus being Lo and of course she misses either of us when we have to travel. It's all about finding a balance."

"So, ready for the party tomorrow?" mom asked, getting up.

"Mom, please tell me you don't have anything else to do for this party. I'm not the only one that needs to be getting rest."

"For your information, I've been sleeping in, working partial hours at the studio, plus yoga and meditation every morning."

I looked over at my dad who nodded.

"Hey, I don't need you to look to him for a co-sign."

"Mom, I'm just saying. I've seen you run your body into the ground. I just want to make sure you're good. You're an anchor for all of us. We'd be lost without you."

She didn't say anything as she came and sat back down, kissing my cheek.

"You're so sweet, you know that?"

"I learned from the best."

"Aw, I'm glad I was able to pass something down to my baby boy."

I laughed.

"I was referring to dad."

I watched as my father started cracking up. I couldn't help but join in on the laughter. My mother was now pouting.

"I get a lot from you too, mom."

"Mm hmm. So, the party starts at 2 tomorrow and will go until about 6 or 7. I figured the kiddos would be tired by then and ready to go to bed. Oh, she asked for a sleepover."