Bad Girl

|Mikayla's POV|

I sat in Steph's car. He had driven to the other side of the park near the lake. He had snacks and drinks. I watched as he pulled out his weed to smoke. I leaned back as we talked and munched on the snacks. He bought all my favorites.

"Not going to offer me any?" I quizzed.

He cut his eyes at me.

"This isn't for you, baby girl."

"It won't be the first time I smoked."

He turned, raising his brow.

"Who are you smoking with?"

"None of your business."

He chuckled. I watched him take one final pull before putting it out.

"You're sassy, you know that?"

"I've been told," I muttered.

He pulled out beer and a small bottle of tequila. He took the beer and I grabbed the tequila. Before he could stop me, I took it to the head. I felt the bottle being ripped away from me.

"What the fuck, Mikayla?!" his voice boomed.

"Oh, shut up. It was just a little."

"I told you I don't want you doing that shit."

"What a hypocrite, Stephen. You do it."

"So. I do a lot of stuff you don't do. Let's leave it at that."

I didn't say anything else or read much into that comment. I laid on the hood of his car and then I got a bright idea. We continued to talk. He looked down at his watch.

"We should head back," he said, standing up.

"Steph?"

"Hmm?"

"Let me drive your car."

"You don't have a license, Mick."

"I do have a permit. Come on, please."

He looked over at me, but sighed in defeat.

"Let's ride."

I got up, excited. I checked my phone to see text messages from my sister and cousins asking where I was. Having fun, bitches. I got behind the wheel of the car and backed away from the creek before speeding down the road. Steph raced with his car and I had gone to a few races with him. Talk about real life Fast & Furious. I had cut a corner when I saw police lights behind us.

"Fuck!"

Steph tapped my leg.

"It's cool. Ease up off the gas."

"Steph...."

"It's cool, Mick. Relax."

I slowly pulled over and I saw the cop car park behind us. The cops got out and came over. I rolled down the window.

"Uh, good evening officer," I politely said.

"Good evening. It's late for y'all to be out here. Where y'all coming from?"

I quickly glanced at the clock. It was nearing 11pm. I hadn't realized we were away from the bonfire that long. Then again, I didn't really care.

"We're coming from the bonfire, sir," Steph stated.

"Alright, license and registration."

I saw him shining lights in the car.

"I don't have mine on me, sir," I honestly replied.