Recovery & Suspicions

|Tyler's POV|

It's been a couple of months since Izzy's accident and having the brain tumor removed. Thankfully, it was benign and she hasn't had any symptoms. As a neurologist, I'm on edge knowing what could happen down the line, but we have to continue to have faith tumors will not return.

In that time we've celebrated 3 birthdays in our family. Logan turned 24. Olivia is officially 18 and my Isabella turned 44. All she wanted was dinner with the entire family to thank everyone for being by her side in this recovery. Her wish was granted.

Her parents have been in and out of Texas. Her mom was here for the first month, her dad popped in and out, and her siblings were here frequently. Our nieces and nephews joined on the weekends. Of course the uncles stopped by. To say we've had a full house has been an understatement, but I'm blessed she pulled through. That's what truly mattered.

It was now early April. Next month Olivia will be graduating. Not sure what her Summer plans were, but knowing Olivia, she for sure wouldn't be home. Mikayla already asked if she could go to New York with Addison for a musical theater camp. They'd be gone all of June into early July. Looks like Izzy and I would be "empty nesters" and I want to use that time to take her away for an extended vacation, just the two of us. We could both use it.

Waking up for the day, I noticed the spot next to me was empty. I got up and heard music softly playing from the bathroom. There was Izzy sitting in the bath with candles lit and surrounded by bubbles. I went and got ready for the day. When I came back, I was surprised she was still in the bathroom.

"I know you're standing there. You can come in, you know."

I chuckled and went and sat on the edge of the tub. I kissed her hand.

"Morning, beautiful."

"Morning," she said, slowly opening her eyes.

"How are you feeling?"

"Good."

"Any pain? Headaches? Nausea, stiffness..."

"None. I would like to do some yoga. At my last appointment, the doctor said that I could start getting back into my normal routine if I felt up to it. Plus, stretching always makes me feel better. With this being your speciality, you have been all over this recovery. Don't you agree I should?"

"I don't disagree, babe. I just want you to take it easy."

"I will. I know you'll stop everything if I'm not. I do want to talk to you about a couple of other things."

"What's on your mind?"

"First is Logan. The girls told me what happened when Erica showed up at the hospital and what happened with Dr. Dani."

"Isabella..."

"Relax. Both situations were handled, but I could care less about Dr. Dani. They said Logan was upset."

"Yeah, he was. He lost his cool at the hospital and snapped when he saw her. Kicked her out. I talked to him, and the girls apologized as well. Logan ended up talking to them about it again after you woke up. He took the two of them out to eat and said the conversation went well and they have an understanding. He felt betrayed by all of us and I can see why."

"I know he and Erica never officially dated and that we had our own relationship with her. We could have at least talked to him about it and see how he felt before continuing to be in contact with her. I know we're adults, his parents at that. Still..."

"I hear you. They never made anything official, but a blind man can see how much they loved each other then and still do. When she came to the hospital, even with all that anger, I saw the look in his eyes. He might not admit it but he loves that girl."