Moment For Life

|Logan's POV|

It's Super Bowl Sunday. The team has been in Arizona for a week now. From endless press to walk through of the game, team meetings, etc.; it's game time. My family would be here supporting not just me, but Olivia as well as she's performing in the halftime show. It's a big day for the family and I can't wait to see everyone. We have a small window before the game starts and I just need some alone time.

I heard a knock on our locker room door.

"Hey, Logan."

I looked up to see one of our athletic trainers.

"Yeah?"

"Someone named Olivia is here to see you."

I stood up and my teammate Patrick just had to say something. I've taken Pat under my wing in a sense. He's in his 3rd year, a wide receiver like I am, and a hot head on the field. He's a good guy though, very focused on our craft. Huge difference from his rookie year to now. Can't let people knock you off your game or get under your skin on the field. All that leads to are fines, fights, and Coach could bench you.

"Ooooh, Olivia's here."

"That's my sister, bro."

"I know. She's single though, right?"

I jumped to punch him and held his hands up in defense, laughing.

"Yeah, but trust me when I tell you, my sister isn't looking to date anyone at the moment. Don't get your hopes up."

No, I wasn't being an overprotective big brother. Livy and I have had countless conversations and she's made it clear she's not looking for a relationship, just having fun.

"I'll shoot my shot," Pat commented.

Now it was my turn to laugh.

"Good luck with that."

Stepping into the hall there she was.

"Hey, Superstar," I greeted, pulling her into a hug.

"I should be saying that to you. I was hoping I caught you before things got crazy. Give me your hands."

I held out my hands and she bowed her head.

Dear God,
Protect me and Logan today. I pray for our strength and endurance. Thank you for the opportunity and for the stars to align allowing us to be on this stage together.
Amen.

"Amen."

"Nervous?" she asked.

I shook my head.

"You know, I thought I would be, but not even a little bit. I'm good."

She nodded.

"I'm glad."

"What about you?"

She let out a deep breath.

"Petrified. This is one of the biggest stages in the world with millions of people watching. If I fuck up, it'll go viral and..."

"Hey, we didn't just pray for nothing. You got this. Just get out of your head. Deep breaths. I'll tell you what I tell myself. All the work you've been putting in over the years, this is your moment. This is your time. Take it in because you'll blink and it'll be over. Enjoy it for what it is."

She nodded, letting out another deep breath.

"You're right. I've worked hard for this opportunity. I deserve this."

"Damn right you do."

She hugged me again.

"Hey, Olivia."