Never Not Parenting

|Tyler's POV|

Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday dear, Lauren.

Happy birthday to you.

Yay!

I watched as my granddaughter excitedly clapped her hands before closing her eyes and blowing out the candles on her custom cake that spelled out her name.

"Look, daddy. It's my name. L-A-U-R-E-N. That's me!" she said excitedly to Logan.

"You're right. Good job, baby girl," he commented.

"Alright photos before the cake gets devoured. Every letter is a different flavor. There's chocolate, fudge, strawberry shortcake, confetti and vanilla," Izzy stated.

Erica, Lauren and Logan stood in front  of the cake as the photographer snapped pics. The family rotated in and out taking pictures with the birthday girl. Finally the cake was cut. Lauren sat at the table with the kids.

Once the photo session was done, I went back to sit down with the guys. They came over one by one, making glances at me.

"Alright, what's up with you?" Brandon asked.

"Not trying to ruin the party," I muttered.

"Damn, it's that bad?" Zach quizzed.

"It's not the end of the world, but y'all don't need to react. Not now at least."

"Alright, we won't react. So, what happened?" Bash questioned.

I laughed at my brother-in-law, knowing he was full of shit.

"The girls took some shots," I finally said.

They all stared at me.

"Shots of alcohol?" Brandon questioned.

I gave him a knowing look. They all simultaneously sucked their teeth and groaned.

"No, shots of apple cider. What the hell else would I be talking about, Brandon?"

He gave me a look mumbling fuck you under his breath.

"Where the hell did they get liquor? No way they snuck that shit and we didn't notice," Ethan commented.

"Ava had it," I stated.

Zach laughed and shook his head.

"The cops kid thought it would be a good idea to bring alcohol to a kids party, sneak inside to drink it and think her father, who's a detective wouldn't find out?"

"Makes a lot of sense, I know," I sarcastically replied.

"Well, you and Brandon, what are y'all gonna do? Bianca is 19 and Olivia will be the same in a matter of weeks. Not old enough to drink, but they are young adults," Asher expressed.

"Don't forget Bash. By the Summer, Madison and Wyatt will have graduated high school and be turning 18."

Bash scoffed.

"I don't give a shit. Madison!"

I watched my niece get up and make her way over.

"Yes, dad."

"Three words, car is gone."

She instantly frowned.

"Dad..." she whined.

"Not going to argue with you. Relay the message to your brother. You're both done."

She sighed but walked off, going towards the game truck I'm sure to talk to her twin.