Results

|Erica's POV|

After taking the test Thursday, the lab tech said we should have the results by Monday. I had time off work that had been accumulating and until everything here was situated, I would need the free time.

I had just finished getting ready for the day when I heard talking coming from the monitor. I wasn't surprised to see that Lauren was awake and talking to my dad. I'm sure my little brother, DJ, was off to school by now."

Walking into her bedroom, it always amazed me how my dad decked this place out. Her name, Lauren Vivian, was on the wall with a floral mural. She had stuffed animals and the coziest bed I've ever been in.

I knew that Logan's family would give my baby girl all the love in the world. As much as I loved Logan, I also knew I had pretty much ruined things between us. The focus now was on Lauren and Lauren alone.

"Look who it is, Lolo. There's mommy."

"Hi, mommy."

I went over kissing her forehead.

"Hey, babes."

"How are you, darling?" my dad asked.

"I'm alright, dad. And you?"

"Can't complain when I get to wake up and see you two."

He set Lauren on her feet and she went over to play with her toys while we sat on her bed.

You get the results today, right?"

"Yeah, results I already know the answer to."

He sighed.

"I told you to call Logan once you found out you were pregnant. I also told you to leave that son of a bitch Caleb alone," he said in a hushed tone..

"Dad!"

"Sorry. I'll watch my language around Lauren. Still, the point remains."

"I don't need a lecture about what I should've done. I know I was wrong and I've taken time away from Logan being with Lauren. I'll always have to live with that."

"Don't throw a pity party for yourself. It's time you tell the truth so you both can move forward. Lauren deserves her father."

"I know, dad."

"Don't say I know and then turn around and not be honest. Logan needs to know what happened to you."

"I told him that Caleb was abusive."

"Did you give him full details?"

"I also told him that he threatened Lauren's life."

I stood up moving past him to get Lauren ready for the day. Once Lolo was ready, she went back to playing with her toys. I took my spot back on her bed next to my dad.

"I regret not being with him from the very beginning and choosing Caleb. Logan knew that Caleb didn't like him, but there's so much more to the story that he doesn't know. I only told you. It's embarrassing and..."

He wrapped his arms around me.

"Hey, you're safe now. Caleb is no longer a problem."

"I know, but I wanted to protect myself and I guess in a sense, Logan."

"You know, he's fully capable of doing that and I'm sure he would've protected you as well."

"You're really Team Logan, huh?"

"He's a good kid and comes from a great family. I also know Logan, but I never got the chance to get to know Caleb. I just know that he hurt you, time and time again."