Awakening

|Izzy's POV|

It feels so good to be alive.

It's been 5 days since I've been brought out of the medically induced coma. In total, I've been here in the hospital for two weeks now. My room was filled with balloons and cards and flowers. I've had an outpouring of support online from both the WWE universe and dance community, among others.

My kids have been here to see me every single day. My husband hasn't left my side. My siblings have been flying in and out, bringing my nieces and nephews to visit. Speaking of, both Sasha and Matteo came home which was a total surprise. It's been emotional for me to be with everyone again and I am so appreciative of their love.

There was one more set of tests to be completed before I was cleared to go home. I really couldn't wait to be in my house and in my bed. Bash, Tucker, and Melissa said they made some adjustments to help with my recovery. I can't wait to see.

"You alright?" I heard Ty ask.

I gave him a smile.

"I'm good. Just thinking."

He placed his hand in mind, squeezing it.

"I'm so happy to see that smile again."

"Can I ask you a question?"

He quickly nodded.

"Anything."

"Is this extra testing procedural?"

"They usually want patients out within several days, but my team doesn't operate that way. Patients stay as long as they need and there are three phases of tests we want them to pass before they're discharged. For some people that's a week turnaround. For others it's longer. It's one of the things we fought for when it comes to the ICU."

"So, I'm on phase three?"

"Yup. All comes back clear, we'll be heading home."

"My mom talked about staying for a while to help with my recovery. I'm sure my dad will be popping in and out as well in between work."

"I know. Ma is always welcome to stay."

"That means you'll be able to get back to work."

"I already put in my leave of absence, babe."

"Tyler..."

"I need to be home with you."

He squeezed my hand, pressing his lips against it. I know he felt guilty for me being here in the first place. You know what, if this is what will help ease his mind, I'm not going to fight him on it. I can't imagine what he went through seeing me hooked up to all these machines.

"Okay, Dr. Law," I said, giving him a smirk.

He gave me his signature grin before leaning back in the chair.

"I know you had a smoothie earlier before falling back asleep, but are you up for eating right now?"

I wasn't used to having breakfast, lunch, and dinner like clockwork. That's something Ty has been emphasizing the last couple of days.

"Is that normal?"

"Is what normal, babe?"

"To sleep as much as I do."

"Yes. Your body is still recovering. Fatigue is normal. Headaches are normal as well."

"I feel that more so when I wake up."

"Once we get home, we'll get into a routine that will help ease the pain and any discomfort you have. Baths will help relax your muscles. Infrared saunas will help with that too. Not sure how much you'll feel like leaving the house. These next couple of months are critical in your recovery so we're going to take it easy."