Party Behavior

|Olivia's POV|

There's nothing quite like a party when my family gets together. I know a lot of people whose relatives don't get along. I'm lucky to have both my mom's and dad's side at every event and function. It's been that way my whole life.

Today is finally Lauren's birthday party. My mom has food trucks here. There's arcade games. A mini bull for the kids to ride. A bouncy house. Face painting. A Photo Booth filled with props. She even had a gaming truck which the boys already invaded. Mom always goes all out and wants to always have something for everyone to enjoy.

I was chilling outside with my cousins. The party would officially be starting in about a half hour, but my niece was already running around and playing with my younger cousins having the time of her life. Logan had yet to arrive. Erica has been here since this morning.

I heard the music blaring. The DJ was setting up and wouldn't be starting until party time.

"Logan has arrived," Madison said.

"Yup, that would be him with his obnoxiously loud music, shaking the block," Mikayla added.

My dad and uncles plus Teo were in the front so I know he stopped to talk to them. My grandparents were inside. My mom and aunts were out here chatting away with Sasha, Erica, and Teo's girlfriend, Amanda. What a difference a day makes and people talking things out.

I heard my brother's voice getting louder.

"What's up y'all?" he said, coming over to our table. He hugged me and Mickey before doing the same with our cousins.

"Daddy!"

As soon as Lauren spotted Logan, she came running over full speed. She was out of breath once she reached him and he picked her up. She was panting.

"Hey, bug. Looks like you need a break."

"Thirsty."

Ava handed Logan a mini water bottle, which he opened and handed to Lauren. She gulped the water before wiggling out of her father's arms and taking off to play.

"I don't know if she's going to make it through the party at this rate," Logan commented.

We all laughed.

"So, Livy told us you're letting her move into your condo," Bianca stated.

"Yeah, easier to keep an eye on her that way."

"Logan!"

He looked over as Erica called him over.

"Mmm. Better go see what wifey wants," Zoe said.

He scoffed.

"No one rushes the champ."

We all cracked up laughing.

"You're the champ in the NFL, not around these parts, buddy," Addison stated.

"Like he really thought we were gonna walk around with the red carpet treatment for him. Welcome back to reality cuzzo," Zoe added.

"My brother is a little delusional today, clearly," Mikayla stated.

Erica made her way over to us.

"Didn't you hear me calling you?" Erica asked as she approached.

"My bad, babe. They distracted me. I'm about to go back in the front," he quickly replied, kissing her cheek.

"Boy, no one is asking you to do anything, so you don't have to hide. Did you bring the bag I left by the front door?"