Old Friend

|Logan's POV|

It was still a waiting game, but it was a relief to us all that she made it through surgery. All of my family was here and I don't know how we managed to all fit comfortably in this room, but here we were. I heard the ICU door slide open and was shocked when Erica walked in.

We instantly locked eyes and she gave me a small smile. What the fuck was she doing here? Olivia got up when she saw her, going over and hugging her. Erica hugged her back before going over to Mickey and doing the same. My father stood and hugged her as well. What the fuck? Since when did my family keep in contact with her? She kept her distance from me. I watched her quietly talk to my sisters.

Erica and I hadn't seen each other in quite some time and the sight of her at the moment was making my blood boil. The last time I had seen her was my draft party.  It was Memorial Day weekend. I didn't want anything the day of the draft, but my mom still wanted me to have a party. We waited until school was over for my sisters and everyone would be available.

|Flashback|

I was drafted for the Los Angeles Rams back in April and it's Memorial Day weekend. I'm true Isabella Law fashion, she went all out. My entire family was here. I was the 5th pick in the  first round. Uncle Zach was excited I was going to his former team. I'd for sure be facing off against my cousin, Teo, who was drafted to the Buffalo Bills two years ago.

I had waited for this moment and knew my time would come after seeing Matteo get drafted. Having an uncle and now cousin in the NFL, there was a lot of buzz around my name. Plus, I've been putting in the work.

My training was different to avoid as many injuries as I could. I took care of my body like no other and rested when I needed to. I was already fortunate to be able to chat with the best of the best in this profession. Now it was my time to show and prove. The professional level was way different then college, but I was ready.

I was surprised to see Erica here at the party. She had texted me when I got drafted congratulating me, but that was about it.

"Surprised you came," I said, taking a seat next to her.

"Well, your mom called and invited me."

"I guess you didn't tell her we haven't been speaking."

She sighed.

"I know and things with Caleb are just... Let's not talk about it. Tonight is your night."

"You know, your boyfriend is the one that has a problem with me. Still none of that sums up to you not reaching out or responding to my texts and calls."

She sighed.

"Logan..."

"You don't have to stand here and make excuses. You know where I stand when it comes to you. You know where you should be, but you keep playing games with me, Erica."

"I'm not playing games. You're my best friend and you know I love you. It's just... It's complicated with me and Caleb right now. We're working through things."

"Complicated, but yet you're here. What? You need me to be your knight and shining armor?"

She rolled her eyes.

"No. I just wanted to come and say congratulations in person. I'm proud of you."

"I appreciate that."

I heard my name being called.

"You going to stick around?"

"It's your night. I'll be here."