Chapter 47- An Application To The Post Of Husband

Once Bondita disappeared from the sight, I became conscious and searched the entire room, only to figure out that I had been dreaming all the while. I squealed in shock seeing Arjun's hand in mine. I was holding it tightly as if it was Bondita's. He smiled widely, as his eyes poked fun at me. I felt so embarrassed on being caught red-handed by my junior, that too, while dreaming about Bondita. However, for me, the entire thing was not as funny as it appeared. My limbs shivered and body started to sweat.

With a lot of difficulty, I managed to say, "Tell Subash that I won't be coming today. You stay here and assist him."

"Who is Subash?"

"Your colleague, who also works under me.", I replied and dashed out of the room towards my car. I drove away, leaving a perplexed Arjun behind.

On reaching home, I ran upstairs to my room and locked myself in the bathroom, without even paying heed to the questions of kaka who was surprised to see me coming back at that hour. He was definitely worried and sent Bihari behind me to check on the matter.

I asked him not to disturb me, as I wanted to rest. After driving him away, I splashed water on my face continuously, as if to erase the thoughts that took birth in my mind a few minutes ago. I didn't stop the act until I was short of breath. I sat leaning against the bathtub, panting. I squeezed my eyes shut but couldn't stop Bondita's image from flashing in my mind. Her eyes, her smile, her aura and everything about her refused to leave my mind. For a moment, I tried closing my ears, while the next moment I moved my hand across the face and hair. Whatever feats I did, I couldn't pull her out of my head.

According to me, I shouldn't have dreamt about Bondita in that way. I made a mistake. I felt like I have sinned. Nurturing romantic thoughts about a woman, who is in actual fact not related to me, was definitely wrong, since I neither have her consent nor her approval. At least, that was what I thought at the given moment. Above all, I had already set her free, which means she can choose a partner of her choice. Then how can I anticipate her to be on my side? It was a big mistake made by my mind.

Rising my head towards the ceiling, I cursed myself, when I saw her smiling face once again. This time I jumped into the bathtub, drowning myself in the water, in an attempt to completely wash off her memories.

I choked on inhaling water, but refused to come out of the tub. When my situation was getting worse, I saw Bondita approaching me and calling out, "Sakha babu, what are you doing, get up."

"No. Why did you come inside the bathroom? Go away.", I managed to say with difficulty.

"Stop being crazy and get out of the bathtub now. Otherwise....otherwise you can't imagine what this Bondita will do.", she warned.

Although I felt good to be commanded by her, I was in no mood to get up; in spite of the difficulty I had while breathing. I got irritated at the fact that, the more I tried to push her away from me, the more she was getting closer.

"Get out of the bathroom, Bondita. This is not right for you. Leave me, for the sake of your life.", I requested.

The very next moment she too jumped into the bathtub, falling on top of me. At once, my upper body rose with a jerk from inside the water. With an opened mouth, I watched her in shock, trying to get hold of my breath. She was also looking at me without blinking her eyes, as if she got lost in me. Then, I slowly began to notice that she came in the South Indian dress which Subbu's mother had introduced to her.

She looked as if she was smitten with my figure. At the same time, she also tried her best to get back to the commanding mode that she was in, a few moments before. After struggling with her own emotions, it seems, she finally said in a stern tone,